Chapter 3

AnnaBelle

I had broken down at the content of the white box. Jack had told me not to open it and to wait until he came home, which was suppose to be right away. Eventually, I had broken down, filled with anger, and tore it open, only to find a letter I didn't pay any mind to and the disgusting sight of white lingerie. I knew fully well that it wasn't from someone I knew, it was from some creep who was after me for some strange and unknown reason.

When Jack came home, he found me crying into my arms, face planted downwards on the kitchen table as tears rolled onto the skin of my forearm.

"Annabelle? What's this?" Jack asked just above a whisper as I continued to feel my throat slowly beginning to ache from my strained sobs. I had no energy to respond, causing Jack to do all of the talking. "I told you to leave it on the doorstep."

I shook my head lightly into my arms, almost afraid to look up at the package. If Alex were still here, he'd be able to help me through this, not like how Jack would, but in a more friendly gesture. My mum would be able to tell me that everything will be alright, while my dad would threaten to kill whoever sent me this package and my grandma would just be there to comfort me in a way she'd never even know.

"I think you should get some rest." Jack insisted, placing a hand on my shoulder, resulting in me flinching away. Looking away from the kitchen, I made sure to not look at the lingerie or the letter, knowing I would be too tempted to observe each item and only freak myself out further. I wanted the mental images of the contents of the white box to delete themselves from my head, but that was something I knew deep down would never happen.

It felt as though I was far too use to death than I should've been. Three years ago had was when it all started for me and when the killings had suddenly stopped, I was more than beyond grateful. But they're back, and this time, shattering the life I had to build back up after Alex's death, the death that I thought was going to be the last.

My brown hair was spread across my pillow as I didn't bother changing into more comfortable clothes since they were already sweats. I was in that awkward stage of sleep and being awake, the house being strangely quiet, just as I could faintly hear Jack on the phone from his bedroom.

"She's in her room." What? There was a pause, the barely existent distance between Jack and I's room allowing me to hear just about everything. "Yeah, I'm leaving now, have fun." I could hear mischievous in Jack's voice before he exited his bedroom. Footsteps were heard going down the stairs, heavy ones, proving themselves to belong to Jack, before the front door closed with a loud but discrete bang.

I groaned when I was just about to be asleep, a creak sounding from across my bedroom.

"Jack?" I sat up in my bed, rubbing at my eyes that were already more than red from crying.

"Shh, Bell, you're mine, and that's all that matters. You're okay now, safe with me." My eyes widened as a hand was placed on top of my mouth, preventing me from screaming. "Jack's gone now. Just cooperate with me and you can come home with me with ease." My heart was pounding heavily in my chest as the purple walls of my bedroom that I saw while looking straight ahead grew blurry.

He has me, he has me now, and there's no escape.

I couldn't stop silently shaking as my hair was pulled to one side and the man, whoever he was, in my bedroom tried to get my attention.

"I'm going to make this as painless as possible, okay?" A single tear trailed down my face out of fear and suddenly, there was no longer a hand on my mouth, no longer a body beside mine, kneeling on my bed.

I breathed in a sigh of relief just as a cloth was placed over my mouth and nose, and lips were placed over the top of my head. My vision began to blur further than before, this time not caused by overwhelming tears, but the disgusting smell of a chemical, one that brought me into a great amount of fear and a terrible sleep.

***

I groaned at a pain that was noticeably felt all throughout my body. Peaking my eyes open, I noticed I was in a bed, not mine, but a bed. There was a thick stack of blankets covering my body, my arms stuck below them.

I slowly sat up in the bed, almost letting out a shriek at the sight of my body. The lingerie from the package at my doorstep was the only actual piece of clothing covering my body, the white lace making me look innocent and pure. The thing that really struck me, though, were the small welts ranging from purple to red covering me from what seemed like head to toe. But I knew better than to think that they were welts caused by a bug, no, they were hickeys, hickeys caused by some unknown person, one that I didn't actually want to know who.

I looked at my surroundings, finding dull, white walls all around me and a black dresser on one side of the room, a pair of double doors on the other. I realized I was in the middle of the room seconds later, also at the exact same time that the bedroom's door opened.

A tall boy approached me, his features worrisome and dark all at once. I quickly scooted towards the bed frame, stopped from going all the way back because of a tug on my ankle. I lifted the sheets that I had been securing around myself while sitting upwards and looked down, noticing a chain locked around my left limb to keep me in a specific area. I noticed that on my thighs, there was a good amount of love bites, although they weren't made out of love since I had no idea who the man who took me was. It hurt almost everywhere, some places more than others, but all the same, it hurt.

"Do you want something to eat?" The man that had entered the bedroom that I'm assuming is his, asked. I looked up slowly, dreading seeing his features that I hadn't quite noticed yet.

Brown curls were messily pushed back on his head as he stood tall beside the edge of the bed, causing me to look up as he looked down. I scooted back downwards onto the bed and held the sheets up to my chin, trying to shield myself from him.

"Where am I?" I managed to get out of my mouth as I could already feel myself about to cry, tears welling in my eyes.

"Home."

"N-No, no, I-I'm not, not h-home." I shook my head defiantly, stuttering every syllable as I struggled to stay calm and show that I wasn't scared.

"Calm down, Bell, I'm not going to hurt you." I ducked away from the touch of the unidentified man, scooting away from him when he tried to brush a piece of hair out of my face. "I'm only here to protect and help you."

I shook my head, not trusting the power of my words because I knew more than well how hard it'd be to get any of them out.

"I love you, Bell, I could never hurt you for no reason." I took note of how he said for no reason, shivering despite the amount of blankets resting on top of me.

"Wh-What are the red marks on me?" I raised my hand to brush against my collarbone, feeling the swells up my neck and growing more than thankful that they stopped under my chin.

"You're mine, and even if no one ever sees you again, I can still prove it to you, can't I?"

"What?" I choked out, screeching when his warm hand suddenly landed on my cheek. "What, what's your name?"

"Harry." He cooed, running his hand down my face and to my neck, trailing down my chest and under the blankets.

"St-Stop it. Please, I'll do anything, just, just stop touching me." I cried out pathetically, closing my eyes tightly as I could feel his fingertips graze down the center of my cleavage and towards my belly button, leaving unwanted goosebumps in their path.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I could never hurt you."

_____