Chapter 24 - A masquerade?

( Isabella's POV)

" Hey Isabella, what'ca doin?"

I tried to hide the smile my face wanted to make from hearing Phineas' voice. 

" I'm the only one who get to say that...but I'm doing nothing right now. Uhm where's Candace?" I said, my facing showing little emotion. I kinda want to smile... but.. He shouldn't see me smiling. " Uh.. Yeah change of plans, Candace couldn't make it, so I'm here, you wanna hang out?"

Ehh.. Is he kidding? Has he totally lost his mind? Has he forgotten yesterday? I will only speak to him if he tells me about last night. " Eh.. I don't know.. Maybe.. " I said and tried to look cold and like I didn't care.

" Oh come on Izzy, I'll do anything! Please." Phineas said took my hands, and sent me those annoying, gorgeous puppy eyes, begging for my forgiveness.

My legs became like jelly and I knew I had to stop the feeling immediately. Be strong Isabella, don't fall for that sweet smile or those adorable eyes. Or his clothes which fits so well on his body..

Stay focused Isabella! You're losing it, fireside girl.

" Well.. Okay." I said with a mysterious look and smirked. " We can play, T/T!" I said and took him into my room before he could reply. But he smiled and seemed happy that I said yes.

"I've never heard of T/T what is it? A game?" Phineas said excitedly and let go of my hand. When he did it I felt that disappointment again. I got the feeling away. Or I tried.

I nodded and pointed at the bed, so he could sit there. And found a chair so I could sit and watch him, " T/T is a game I just made up, we're playing truth or truth. So you pretty much don't have a choice but to pick truth, and answer my question." I said harshly and found a lamp on the night table, and tried to blind him in his face. Seriously like a real cop, who was questioning a criminal.

" Oh.. So we're having a conversation?" Phineas chucked nervously. I rolled my eyes, seriously! I couldn't even be scary without him ruining it with his optimism and his happiness. Grr.

" No.. I'm mean, yeah kinda. Look I'm dying to know what happened last night. And even though I kinda hate you right now. I know u will tell me what I wanna know. That is something I always had love.. Oh I mean appreciated about you." I turned off the lamp, and we became more relaxed.

" I'm sorry Isabella," Phineas said to break the silence. I looked at him, with sad eyes, and I was taking deep breaths. " Pf.. Thanks." I said and rolled my eyes, and looked down at my hands who began to shake. As they do when I'm about to cry.

" Hey, Izzy.. Shh.. Trust me, you know me. I wouldn't hurt you on purpose." Phineas said and took his hand up to my chin and turned my head towards his. So I looked at his blue, gorgeous eyes, I felt a warm tear running down of my cheek.

" I hate that I hurt you. Isabella." Phineas wiped away my tears. " Isabella.. You know how much you mean to me. We have been best friends since we were 5."

I took another deep breath and looked down. " Just thought that I meant a little more. But clearly, I was wrong. " Another tear ran down, and another , and another.

" Actually, I hadn't thought of you like that ever.. " He confessed. 

 I stared at him, I was so angry and shocked, that he just said that in my face.

" But since yesterday , I thought, that fact may have been my life biggest mistake ever.." Now he was the one who took a deep breath, and shaked a bit. Why was he shaking? Wait was he nervous?

" Isabella.. You telling me how you feel, made me think and realized something... Isabella I lov..."

" Gitche gitche goo, means that I love you!" My phone started to rang, right in Phineas's moment. What he going to tell me? Probaly : I doesn't feel the same way as you do. Letting me down gently...