entry 1 | 2

Chapter 1:
Entry 1

"But I know someday I'll make it out of here"
-Billie Eilish featuring Khalid (Lovely)

Daniel sat in the tour bus. It was going on around midnight and the brunette didn't even feel the slightest bit tired. No, instead something was on his mind, causing him to stay awake at such hours. He knew he would be tired in the morning and that he'll get a lecture about it, but at this moment he didn't care. He just twiddled with his thumbs, cross legged on one of the couches in the tour bus. He was biting his bottom lip, debating whether he should actually do what the little girl said, or just give up and go to bed.

Yeah, at first Daniel was all in for writing his feelings down. He loved the thought of finally being able to express himself and all the wondering thoughts that sometimes swallowed him whole. But now it frightened him. If he did write what he thought, then he for sure would be coming to terms with himself. That this was his life and this is what was going on. He felt like diaries make you admit things that you try to keep silent for so long.

But with a head shake, Daniel stood to his feet and went over to a cabinet where the band kept all of their gifts. He searched through his pile of different trinkets until he found a familiar book. He grazed the smooth cover with his thumb, gawking at how it sparkled in the moonlight. Daniel quickly grabbed a nearby pen and took his seat on the couch once again. He opened to the first page and took a deep breath in.

Write what you feel.

***

Dear Diary,

I can't believe I'm doing this but, ever since I got you I couldn't stop thinking about you. I don't understand as you're just a book. A book that I just might decide to use a lot more. A book I'm going to write all my thoughts, feelings and secrets in. I hope and pray you'll never reveal them to anyone. Because I don't know if I'll ever use you again if you did.

Sincerely, Daniel