bridge | 47

Chapter 47:
Bridge

"Yes, I would die for you baby"
-Bruno Mars (Grenade)

The four boys ran down the fairly busy bridge, that had cars speeding every which way. They looked on both sides, hoping to see a familiar figure just standing there. They began to give up hope and think that Daniel wasn't even there when they finally got to the end. There standing on the left side of the bridge, clinging onto the rail was the famous brunette. His hood was down and his his soft hair blew effortlessly in the wind.

"Daniel! Daniel! It's me Corbyn!" The faux blonde yelled after the other. Daniel heard his words and looked at him slowly in shock. He didn't think the blonde would ever come looking for him. Especially not this fast. "Don't do this! Please give me your hand so we can go home."

Daniel let out a small laugh.

"Why? So you can keep giving me those side glares? So you can talk to everyone else and not me?" Daniel spat harshly. It hurt Corbyn deeply.

"No, Daniel I love you please. I just didn't know how everyone would take it if I said I loved a male! My mistakes did this to you. Me being a scared little boy was hurting you. But I promise I won't let that side of me do that to you anymore. Just please take my hand" Corbyn got closer to the brunette, even if the others were a little worried.

"You don't understand how much you broke me Corbyn" Daniel cried out now.

"I know baby" the blonde stated carefully. "Please...just take my hand."

"I feel so unwanted because of you" Daniel reponded, not even taking a glance at the shaking hand, being outstretched for him. He just kept looking at Corbyn's orbs. Glossed over blue, met a grey.

"I never meant to hurt you" Corbyn whispered as he stepped closer to the brunette. If he was wasn't careful then something bad could happen. So slowly taking steps towards Daniel, Corbyn reached his arm out and placed it on the other's shoulder. "Just please come home. If you do this, then everyone will miss you. I'll miss you."

Tears were flowing down everyone's face. Corbyn's especially.

"I told you how I felt. And just as if it was some silly little game, you played me. Well congratulations Corbyn, you've won" and as if he had no concerns or worries, Daniel let go of the railing and allowed his body to fall freely. Everyone watched in shock, that shock soon turning into sorrow and depression.

"NO!" The fake blonde screamed out as he tried to get to the edge himself. He thought maybe he could save him. But before he even got far enough, he was pulled back by much stronger arms. "No! Let me go! I have to save him! I've spent so long looking for him, I'm not letting him go again" he cried out, collapsing in the arms he now knew as Jonah's.

"It's too late...I'm sorry."