finding | 46

Chapter 46:
Finding

"But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry"
-Sam Smith (I'm Way Too Good At Goodbyes)

Park and burritos.

Corbyn and other three guys walked down to a nearby park and looked around, hoping to find anything that just screamed Daniel was there. Corbyn kept trying to remember what they had done when they went on their small date. And the second he seen the slides he knew. He dashed past multiple joyful kids and went straight towards one of the twisty slides. He looked all over, while the others looked at him questionably.

"What are you doing?" Jonah asked.

"When I took Daniel to the park, the one thing he wouldn't stop doing was going on the twisty slides. I don't know why, but he seemed to enjoy it" Corbyn answered as he kept looking. Eventually he did find a piece of paper that resembled all the pages from the journal. It seemed to have been ripped out. And Corbyn didn't hesitate to open and read it.

If you found this then congratulations. You actually put effort into trying to find me. If you wanna continue, my next clue shouldn't be too far from here. Please hurry.
-Daniel

Corbyn slipped the paper into his pocket, looking at the others.

"What's the next place?"

***

Arcade.

Corbyn burst through the doors of a building that was dimly lit, but had multiple flashing lights that went along with machines that you could play. Corbyn looked around, swerving past many gaming machines, until he stopped in front of an air hockey one. It was glowing, making whoever looked at it want to play. Not Corbyn. He thinks that air hockey is now his least favorite game to play. But looking all over, he finally managed to find a note attached under a red puck. He immediately opened it.

Wow! Impressive. But I'm not here as you can tell. Keep going, or you can stop. Either way I'll be fine.
-Daniel

***

Museum.

Corbyn walked down many different halls that displayed many different items people were able to look at. It truly was beautiful. The faux blonde knew exactly where to go though. It was the painting the two met near. And upon approaching the famous painting, the four boys were able to see a man standing near it. Corbyn thought nothing of the guy, before he was being handed a slip of paper. The blonde took it, watching the man walk away right after. He opened it highly curious.

I would have put it behind the painting, but you can't touch the art work. So I gave it to a worker instead. The same worker who kicked us out for being too loud.
-Daniel

Now when thinking about it, that man did look familiar.

***

Festival.

There was no festival that evening, but the four boys didn't hesitate to go to the place where one would be held. Nothing was there, except for a few people walking by. But then Corbyn seen a bench. And just laying there was a slip of paper. Immediately Corbyn ran toward it, afraid that the wind would carry it away if he didn't get to it in time. Luckily he grabbed it, and read it hurriedly.

You should really stop eating so much candy. I thought you would have stopped by now. Guess not.
-Daniel

***

Movie.

The four boys all purchased tickets to a movie they didn't even want to see. And half way through, a woman had walked up to them asking for Corbyn Besson. The blonde immediately jumped up, saying that it was him. The lady gave him a paper, which he didn't waste a second on reading.

You never did like watching sad movies. Is it upsetting that I felt like I was living in one? In the beginning everything was perfect, but then out of nowhere everything screws up and we're all devastated. I'm just hoping by the end we're happy once again.
-Daniel

***

Ice cream.

Jonah guided the way on where he had gotten the ice cream for Daniel from. It was a small parlor, but definitely gave a comfortable and home feel to it. And when walking up to counter, about to ask if they have seen a person named Daniel Seavey; a person had tapped the blonde on the shoulder. He was wesring a uniform and his name tag read manager. Corbyn took the note and opened to read it.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up.
-Daniel

***

Shopping.

It was late at night now, as the four boys found themselves roaming around a mall. Zach and Jack would list off all the places they had stopped at, when they were there. Not a single clue was there. They even went to places Daniel would love to shop at. Nothing. Maybe their tired minds were beginning to give up.

"Are you sure you guys didn't go anywhere else? Even after the mall?" Corbyn rushed out and running a hand through his hair. He was becoming stressed. He doesn't know how much time he had left before he loses Daniel for good.

Zach and Jack looked at each other, trying to think. That was until the youngest band member perked.

"We went towards the bridge, he said something about admiring the stars."

All of them looked at each other wide eyed.

"Oh no."