Chapter 9:The Watcher In The Woods

Head high...

Ivy nervously pushed the front doors of the Southside High

Ivy nervously pushed the front doors of the Southside High.Her head held high and her backpack strapped around her shoulders she marched to the metal detectors a line of kids was already taking out the metal values and passing through the gates.Suddenly a noise made her turn around a very clear nipping noise rang through the school.

"It's the pines in my hat,"A rather well know voice stood out from the chattering crowd.Ivy grew pale as she saw her childhood friend argue with the guard,"Take it out and go again,"The guard said clearly annoyed.And just like that Forsythe Pendleton Jones II got sucked into the crowd of teenagers.

The teenage girl waited a little while before it was her turn taking out everything metallic she had:Earrings,rings,pins on her jacket.A hole plastic cart was filled with her stuff as she passed through the detectors-clear.

When she was now on the other side Ivy was clearly lost as she tried searching for her school guide.Good old Toni.

"Ahh good there you are,"Toni said marching toward the brunette as Jughead trailed behind her.He himself was clearly surprised to see the second Keller twin,"Iv's what are you doing here,"His voice clearly in exclamation,"Well buddy seems we are both going here-trust me I was a surprised as you when you saw me,"She said giving a light smile as she quickly looked away not wanting to make the situation more awkward

"Well you guys know each other so good less introductions.I was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour,but some robot went insane and started killing the guests,so we'll just wing it,"Toni exclaimed bring the attention back to her as she started guiding Ivy and Jughead through the busy hallways,"classrooms don't have WIFI,bathroom stalls don't have doors."The teenager with pink bangs said.The two childhood friends trailing behind her looked in surprise at each other.Where did they end up?
"What about the Red and Black,"Jughead asked in interest.ohh Juggies always going for the computer.Ivy thought to herself with a smile.

"Yea,it no longer exists.Censorship?Budget cuts?Take your pick."Ivy looked at Jughead but the look on his face was to hard to decode.

As the group continued their tour a very familiar smell hit Ivy in the face.Just to familiar,"You'll find a glimpse of jingle-jangle consumed in its natural habitat,"that's why.Ivy thought as the passed by a small group of people huddled up in a corner.

"I'm sorry jingle-jangle?"

"Ya this place is crawling with JJ,"Toni said with a smirk as jughead looked around confused.

"A highly addictive totally gutter drug,"Ivy spoke up since the begging of the school tour,I knew that smell from some where,"

"So let's not touch that,"Toni added with a small smile to the two teenagers.Ivy turned to Jug so looked at her with surprise not knowing what to do she just smiled and continued to walk.He will have some explanation to do.

"Alright,here is the cafeterium,Ghoulies sit over there.Rival gang,drug dealers,street racers,rumor of cannibalism,"Ivy stopped dead in her tracks.Did she just say cannibalism.What is this school.

"Don't ask,"Tony said clearly knowing what was going on in Ivy's head,"Oh and we sit over there.With the Serpents."Ivy's head jolted to where the Serpents sat she spotted a few familiar faces.Sweet Pea,Fangs and a few of her Serpent friends.

"Your a Southside Serpent?"Jughead asked in surprise as he eyed the serpent table.

"Why do you think I volunteered to give you and Ivy the tour,"She said with a laugh.Jughead took a few minutes to process the situation.

"Wait Ivy?"

Yesss good me too,"Clearly he was stupid enough not to see my jacket,"Take a chill pill Jones I ain't no kid no more,"I said in a huff striding towards the table where she plopped onto Sweet Peas lap.

"You ok Iv's look like you've seen a ghost,"Sweet Pea said planting a small kiss on her cheek,"Let's just say I was not expecting something to happen like this,"Ivy muttered as she grabbed a chip from and open bag.

Ivy was slumped on her desk her head behind her books sheltering herself from the teacher,

"Fahrenheit 451,by one of my favorite authors,Ray Bradbury,"Mister Phillips voice rang through the class.Was any one listening probably not,"Let's start with the title.Can any one tell me its significance,"Silence,"Damn it people,there is a burning book on the covers,"

"Fahrenheit 451 is the temperature at which  paper burns,"An all to familiar voice spoke up.Make Ivy jolt into a sitting position.

"Indeed,"Mister Phillips said looking quite impressed at Jughead a smile appearing on the mans lips,"Thank you Mister Jones,and welcome to hell."