Chapter Two

"Hello Carmen, I am so glad to finally meet you. Our fathers have told me so much about you, I feel like we're already friends. I come from a strong line of demons. We don't have all the fancy tricks like your father or you, but we do have brute strength......" he drones on, and on. I have already forgotten his name. As well as all the others that have pitched their I have the best lineage lines to me. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about any of them. This feast was a last chance really on my part. If I indeed don't get out of here, ol daddy will be picking one of these buffoons as my husband to be. I'm not a real fan of this idea.

   "Well... uh... whatever your name was, it's cool you came, but look I'm going to be real honest with you. I'm not interested. I don't want to be here. I don't plan on marrying any of you if I have my way with it. You all say basically the same shit about you're the best house of demon trash to be with. It's not you, but it is also you. So, let's just stop wasting our time with fakeness. Go have fun at this feast, in my honor."

   His stunned face looks a bit embarrassed, sad, humiliated, but there's something sinister slinking behind there too. I can see it in his eyes. Not sure what that's about, but I won't apologize. I came off a bit harsh and rough, but I don't know how else to be. This is how you have to be when you're the devil's daughter. Any signs of emotions, or that something bothers you, etc, they will be all over that information, and will always use it against you. I have learned how to keep my secrets, as well as myself in check for the most part.  I get up and walk away from the table heading towards the food table. I need another drink. Hello, wine buzz to come. Suddenly, I'm grabbed by the back of my arm.

   "Excuse me, Carmen isn't it? I know you don't know me and probably have zero trust for strangers, but I'm going to need you to trust me. I need you to come with me. Now. I can't answer any questions, but your death is imminent unless you listen to me."

   "What the hell are you talking about? Come with you somewhere? My very life is depending on it, are you serious? Clone of Lucifer maybe? Sounds a bit like Eve and the apple. I'm not a helpless human. Are you though? I haven't even seen you around here before." It's true, I've never seen him before. He is mighty gorgeous though. Medium length shaggy hair that comes down to his jaw line. Dirty blonde, light brown in color. Ocean blue eyes. The most serious look on his face. Looking at him has me wondering what it would be like to fuck him? Hmmm..... I might have found my next conquest when he's not being, whatever this is.. I also know that he is not a human. Not exactly sure what he is, but I can feel pure, raw, light power coming from him. He's not one of these disgusting demons Lucifer keeps company with. Actually, shit, could he be an angel? Nah, that's crazy. My wine from all these other speed dates must be catching up to me. Shit. Just when I need a clear head.

   "I don't have time for details, so you're just going to have to trust me on this. Come with me, Carmen. When your father senses my presence things are going to be much worse." he says with such hatred when mentioning daddy dearest. Maybe he has a vendetta against him as well. Father does tend to keep a lot of enemies.

   "If I come with you, and this turns out to be some shady shit I will end your life very unpleasantly. Hope you know this." I toss out casually as I take his hand. I'm smirking at this gorgeous, hopeful bad boy. I do love to rile up dad, and disappearing from this feast with someone he doesn't like is going to ruffle those feathers.

   There's a flash of bright blue light, and the next thing I know I'm in bright daylight with this gorgeous stranger in a house. No clue where I'm at. The house looks nice that I can see of it. I'm still in a navy blue tight fitting gown that's sequined head to toe. Maybe not toe. The dress ends about two inches above my knee. Not proper clothes to kill in, but I can work with it if need be.

   "So whatever your name is blue eyes, spill the beans. What the hell is going on? Took me from a feast that's being held in my honor, under the accusation that someone was going to assassinate me at it. Go all JFK on my ass."

    This smug bastard is smirking at me. Lips twitching like he's trying hard not to break out into full on deep belly laughs. What the fuck? I'm seriously getting pissed. Deep anger is coursing through my body. I can feel those iridescent fires lighting up my eyes.

    "Wait, shit, calm down, Carmen."

    "Don't tell me what the fuck to do, start talking now before I decide to set you on fire where you stand for trying my patience with your smirking and laughter." I can feel my anger getting stronger, and my eyes blazing brighter, who does this prick think I am? I seriously hate to be underestimated.

   "I'm not making fun of you if that's what you think. Jeez, simmer down candle stick before you combust and burn my house down too. Seeing your short cute self demanding things just caught me off guard. It was funny, for a moment. I'm sorry." Even explaining with his hands and running them thru his hair with obvious frustration. Deciding to try to lighten the tone some since I do get that reaction a lot, it just usually never ends well for those who underestimate me. He's hot, I've had a few drinks, and I'm sure I'm doing a whole lot on the overreacting.

  "Make a habit of kidnapping Lucifer's daughters, or is it just me?" I let out a small laugh. I am Lucifer's only daughter as far as I know.

  "Nah, you're just a special case. Tell me, Carmen, how much do you know about your mother Essy?" he asks me, so I scrunch my eyebrows together. Who is this stranger, and how does he know my mother?

   "Basically nothing. I know she was from Brazil, came to America, named Essy. Apparently made a deal with the devil, and let him fuck her seven ways from Sunday. Had me, but didn't want me so she brought me to the devil where I spent my life. What else is there to know?" I asked pissed. I hate thinking about her. It hurts. I could have really used a mom, and she left me. Abandoned me when I needed her the most.

   "Okay... So I have a lot of information I'm about to tell you. It might be hard to accept it all or understand the full meaning of, but I need you to let me talk. Say what I have to say, then we'll sort through all of your questions."

   "Ohhhkayyy.... Need to start it off with your name though beings as you know mine already." like duh, I feel like I need to pop him in the forehead with the whole should have had a V8 saying.

  "I know a lot of things about you, Carmen." his eyes are glowing now with such a sultry heat that I'm thinking about the amazing, sheet grabbing, toe curling, screaming his name sex that could happen. Oh jeez, I'm going to fuck him right now if he doesn't get that look off his handsome face

   "How about you stop looking like that and start talking." I swear I'm going to spontaneously combust at this rate. That look has set my body on fire.

   "Right. Yeah. So, um, I'm Caleb. It just so happens the big man upstairs sent me to rescue you. Words out that Lucifer put a hit on your head. He wants to kill you for being a disobedient child, but can't bring himself to actually do it. The hit he put out wasn't the normal kind. He wanted whatever demons that thought they could handle and survive crossing you, to rape and try to impregnate you. Several demons you talked to, as well as only walked past decided they was all going to work together. Fuck, it pisses me off to say this. What I'm getting at is that feast your dad put together was going to be a rape fest for you. They were all going to take their turns while Lucifer worked his magic to damper down your own. The rape fest would continue to happen until there was a confirmed pregnancy. Paternity to be determined at birth. You might not have actually died, but your spirit, your soul, would have shattered into pieces so small it would be irreparable. God couldn't let that happen, especially with your maternal side. Your mother? She wasn't just some easy lay. Lucifer ruined things in her life and took advantage of her more than you will ever understand. Essy is the daughter of Michael. The archangel, yes. This is why you have never been fully evil and wicked. You are also pure. You are the granddaughter to the archangel Michael, and daughter of the devil. Do you know what this means for you? Literally you are part angel and part devil. As for who I am, it's pretty simple. I'm your guardian angel, Carmen."

(1654 words)