Chapter Eleven

I feel like my life is on a downward spiral, that's never going to stop until I hit the bottom, hard. I'm not suicidal, but seriously, death might be the easiest way out for me. I hate being a pawn, and yet, it's exactly what I am. I'm the supposed key player in this war to come, and I don't want to be. Who really wants this kind of responsibility on their shoulders? Don't get me wrong, I will always stand on God's side for this war. The last thing I want is for my father to ever have the chance of winning, and being unleashed unto this world. He will devour, and kill everything in sight. Slowly, painfully, traumatically slow. The world as we know it, will seem like a fairy tale dream compared to what he will do it. He will crush Earth's soul, then stab the shards of her soul into her heart, until the oceans run red, and her blood, and sorrow, overtakes the planet. All we will know is pain and suffering. I really don't want this to happen.

    However, I'm afraid that somehow Lucifer, or one of his pets, will find where Caleb and I are at. We're here, in our new safe house, in an undisclosed location. In case Lucifer is able to somehow bypass God's prayer spell, they decided to keep a hood over our heads. Only the security team knows where we are, and God. Security team filled us in, that God didn't allow the information to go to Michael. Michael is apparently unhinged with the thought that I'm lying to everyone, and tricking them into believing them. Although, that's kind of impossible to do with God I would think. I get his reservations about me, I really do, but jeez he is my grandfather. Couldn't he be a bit more accepting of me? I don't know what I expected with him, but it wasn't this. He hates my existence, that much is clear.

    Caleb and I were both showed to our rooms, and told to unpack our belongings we brought. Next, we'll have a tour around the house, as well as the property it sits on. This whole space is invisible to the outside world. You have to be of angelic blood, to be able to enter into the borders of this safe house, we was informed. It's nice to know. Hopefully, that means that dad's cockroaches can't fly in. They are as far away from angelic blood as possible. Oh, and this place is literally God's safe house, for when he has to have meetings on Earth. This is where he stays. How cool is that?

    Speaking of this house, holy shit balls of fire! It's huge! Everything inside of it reminds me of peaceful meadows, calming walks on the beach, laying in a wheat field. This house seems to be made up of God's essence. It's wonderful. My bedroom is done up in a beach theme, but not the tacky one most people use. This is more focused on the sand, and calming aspects of the beach. My bed set is done in a muted sea green, that reminds me of seaweed and kelp. I love it. God has an amazing decorator. I will need to find out who he uses, so they can do mine. Well, whenever I'm able to finally settle down into my own place. That could be years from now, who knows. I hear a light knock on my door.

    "Car, can I come in?" Caleb asks from outside the bedroom door. I can't help the smile that crosses my face. The manners he has, it's a refreshing change from how things in Hell were. Even my maid, Rissa, wasn't this polite, and refined. She would give one hard knock as a warning, then she would just barge in, with whatever reason she had.

    "Of course you can come in, Caleb. Don't be ridiculous." I let out a small laugh, as he opens the door. Lord, he is still so handsome. I swear, angel hair must grow really fast, or he's taking something to make it grow crazy fast. He has the whole little beard thing going on now, and I'm digging it. It's super hot on him. My guardian angel is looking more sinful every day. Damn, this man gets me so turned on, and all it takes is just looking at his that sinful, wicked, delicious mouth of his. I know what that thing can do, but I think I might need another reminder. Shit! What if he's not interested in me like that anymore now? Fucking Lucifer, fucking shit up.

    "Uh, Carmen, if you keep looking at me like that, I'm going to toss you on that bed, and bury my dick inside you so deep, that you won't be able to walk straight for a couple days." he does that cute side smile at me. Oh boy, hormones are on a wild ride today. I would absolutely love for him to make good on his threat, but know we have important stuff to do. At least I know he's still game to this whole friends with benefits thing we have going on. Score one for the away team.

    "As amazing as I know that would be, I'm gonna have to decline. Damn, can't even believe I'm saying that." I huff out a laugh. I really can't. Look at me, being all responsible and shit.

    "Like I was saying, I have to decline that offer for now, rain check. I'm almost done unpacking my stuff, are you ready for the tours already?" I mean, come on. I know, I've been admiring the hell out of my room, but we haven't even been here for a whole thirty minutes yet. He's giving me such a duh look right now, ugh, guys. They suck.

    "Yeah, I didn't bring as much stuff as you did. How is that even possible, by the way? You've literally been at my house less than a week, and have accumulated that much crap?" he's gesturing towards my five bags worth of stuff, laying on the floor.

    "Excuse you, that is not crap. Don't you dare insult my clothes, shoes, and make-up like that again. I can't believe I had as much stuff at your house as I did either, but I tend to always glamour up like three different outfits, that way I can choose which one looks the best on me." I run my hands down my body, in a sexual manner, and smirk as I see Caleb's eyes trail down my body, with a heated look in his eye. He drags his eyes back up to mine slowly, taking in every inch of me that he sees. His eyes meet mine, and that ocean blue they usually are, looks like molten blue lava. Oh no, I can feel my hormones awakening all of my senses, and I'm so close to throwing all responsibility out the window, because damn.

    "Carmen Isabelle Divinity, you are driving me absolutely insane right now, you know that?" he groans out in frustration. I glance down to notice that he is painfully hard. Ouch, I feel a little bad now.

    "Sorry, Caleb, whatever do you mean? I was just gesturing towards my clothes, so you can see that they are indeed, not crap." as I bat my eyes at him. He smirks, earning him a smile from me. He gasps, just a little.

    "Car, you truly are the most beautiful woman on the face of Earth. That's not an attempt of flattery to get into your pants either. We do have to get going though. Something tells me these tours are going to long, and extremely monitored. No fooling around in the rose bushes, ya hear?" he drawls out in a southern accent. It's cute. I love southern Caleb. Wait, love? Whoa, brain, tone it down a notch. I like his overly southern accent. That's it. Get it together body, must be from lack of sex, and getting way too turned on.

    "Cowboy Caleb, kind of catchy. Well, partner, we best get a move on, before it's time for the cows to come home." I say in fake accent as well. Never tried to use a southern accent, so it sounded nowhere near as smooth as it did, when Caleb used it. Ugh, jerk. He laughs.

    "Alright, we'll go, but ye have to promise ye won't be working as a call girl in that there saloon no more. I plan to make a real woman of ya now."

    "I'll tell Shirley Ann to send all my customers back home then, the rugged cowboy is to make me a real woman." We both start laughing so hard. This, friendship, the banter, the real conversations, and joking, it's nice. I don't want to ever lose this. I smile at him.

    "Let's go dork, before the security team comes searching for us." I say as I start to walk out of the bedroom door. He's following behind me. I hope nothing ever happens to ruin our friendship. He's the only thing I have, that gives me hope. He's my ray of sunshine in this gloomy life, I'm currently stuck in. I don't think I could survive this current shit storm without him.

(1557 words)