Chapter Twenty-Two

"Alright, Car, you ready for this?" Caleb asks me cautiously. I nod a yes. Am I actually ready for this meeting with God? Absolutely not. The house is clean. I have showered, and dressed nicely for this meeting. I don't know how God is going to react with the things I did while in Hell. He already knows, I'm sure. He is God, after all. Michael is going to be a smug bastard. I know he will open his mouth and criticize me. I'm mentally reminding myself, no fighting. This is going to be hard. I need to prove that I am not the same person I was inside of Hell. I still feel no remorse for killing Lilly Ann. Bitch shouldn't have tried me.

    "Let's get seated at the table. God will be here any minute, along with anyone else who attends." Caleb gestures towards the seat on the right side of where God will set. I take a seat, and he sits beside me.

    A bright blue flash appears in the dining room where we are, and there appears God and his crew. I see God, Michael, four body guards, and two women. Who the fuck are these women? A tad confused, I shake my head to get my mind right. I have a lot of explaining to do. A body guard goes to each corner of the room to monitor, assess, and protect. God sits at the head of the table. On his left is where Michael takes a seat. One woman sits at Michael, the other sits at the end of the table between the other woman and Caleb. The woman beside Michael is older, and extremely beautiful. She has sharp facial features. Her skin is a deep tan, olive color. Her eyes are the color of milk chocolate. She has long midnight black hair, that's been braided and done into a bun. She radiates elegance. The woman that's seated between her and Caleb is younger. She looks to be around her thirties, maybe thirty-five at the oldest. She resembles the older woman a lot. Her eyes are more the color of mine, a golden brown. Her hair isn't as dark, more of a light brown. It's long and curly. Seems to bounce with her movements. Her skin is the same deep tan color as the older woman. They must be kin. I wonder who they are, and why there are here.

    "Hello Carmen. It's nice to see that you're back with us in one piece." God says to me with a big smile. His eyes are boring into mine, and I only feel those vibes of tranquility from me. Man, I think I need God needs to live with us, just so I can feel this kind of peace all the time, I joke to myself. You know what else I just realized? He kind of smells like vanilla. Mmm.... No wonder I like vanilla things. It's the smell of God.

    "I'm glad to be back, thank you."

    "Caleb said that you asked him to call this meeting. I understand that he was unable to reach after you was dragged to Hell by Sebastian, correct?" he's looking at Caleb now, who nods his head in confirmation.

    "Carmen, I am God. I'm all seeing, as well as all knowing. Caleb didn't know what was happening to you, but I assure I do know. I also know why it happened. I know what happens to a woman pregnant with an evil child of Lucifer, that gets close to the Lake of Fire. You become wholly evil and wicked. You at least didn't go on a murdering spree." God sends me a wink with this last statement. Oh my, he's such a character. I am feeling a little relieved with the things he is saying.

    "However, you did kill someone, Carmen. I understand your way of thinking on it, but a life is a life. I'm not going to smite you down, as you keep thinking. I am just not proud of the decision you made. Lilly Ann wasn't one of my children, well, not exactly. See, demons born and made in Hell are Lucifer's children in the same sense that all children born on Earth are mine. Same concept applies though, a life is a life. I'm glad it didn't stress and put tension of Lucifer's relationship with Beezelbub though. That's a positive that came out of it." God pauses, giving me a very stern look. Shit, he is pissed over it. I know, I should feel upset with myself over the fact that I murdered someone, but I'm unable to find it in me to do so.