Lane

Noelle and I jumped into my moms beat up white mini van early in the morning to drive to school.Last night was pretty fun...but then again it's always fun when Noelle is around.And by fun...I don't mean THAT you naughty dirty minded people.But that Truth or Dare game...when she kissed me...it kinda felt like she was kissing me for more then JUST a Dare.But I'm being weird.Of course Noelle doesn't like me like THAT.Shes my best friend and she has been my best friend since the 2nd grade.And anyways she would tell me if she was lesbian...right??
We blared music all the way from my house to Dairy High.As we pulled into the drive way...we were forced to park next to a shiny red corvette,due to loss of parking.Guess he didn't listen and isn't ditching that car.It IS a nice car though.
We climbed out of the car and walked into the lobby of the school.We didn't know we were so early.But we also didn't know that HE would be early as well.I averted my eyes...didn't need to see the jackass this early in the morning.Surprisingly he comes up and taps my shoulder.I turn around quickly and almost run into him.He is a little too close....
But I'm surprised to who I see when I turn around.The man who looked like he was in a biker gang yesterday...now looks like a sophisticated man today.His black hair was slicked back with what looks like gallons of hair gel.He was wearing a white t-shirt covered by a beige vest and tan khaki pants.He is wearing school uniform?Thats weird.I could even say the guy looked handsome...but that's pushing it.
"What?"
He stood there with a little smirk on his face.I felt like hitting it off with my glasses.
"Hey I just wanted to let you know that you and...whoever this girl is,"he pointed to Noelle..who rolls her eyes,"that I'm transferring out of Miss.Grey's class.You guys can be partners or whatever again."So he just suddenly drops out of Miss.Grey's science class??Why's that??But for some reason his deep voice sounded lovely...and I found myself falling against the wall and...
"Hey don't touch her!"
Noelle was taking the boys arm off of me.He had grabbed my arm to keep me from falling to the floor.But then that was ruined by Noelle trying to pry his arm off me.And he let her obviously.
Why did I feel so dizzy when he touched me??Or when he looked at me???
What's happening to me??Do I actually think he's.....HOT!!!????
OH FUCK NO!!
"Sorry.You okay?"
I regain my balance.
"Yeah I'm fine....wait why are you being nice to me??"
He shrugged.
"Thought after yesterday I needed to be?"
He asked it as a question...I was almost flattered until I realized he kept reading off his hand.Typical boys.Cant have a mind of their own.
I sighed.
"Hey next time make it less noticeable that your reading an apology based off notes."
Noelle was trying not to laugh behind me and I was smiling."Maybe all the hair gel you used is blocking your use of thinking on your own."
Noelle started howling with laughter and the man just rolled his eyes.
"Forget I even apologized then,okay?"
He watched us for a second and then he smiled along with our laughter.
I feel like it's only polite...not that I want too...but only polite to finally introduce ourselves to this now decently looking man.
"Oh umm...this is my best friend Noelle...and ummm I'm Lane."
I smile a little as Noelle stares at me in disbelief.What...so telling him our names is like what a sin now??
She looks and glares at him.
He just looks at me and then to Noelle.
Noelle at least got tired of the awkward glances.
"Umm excuse me but don't you want to tell us YOUR name??"
Classic Noelle move.
The boy put his hands in his pockets and looked directly at me.
"Taj.Taj McKenzie."She smiled a somewhat cute smile,directly at me.
After that,he starts to walk away to his NEW science class...but then he turns back around."Oh an uhh Im having a small little Halloween party at my house this weekend.Your both invited."Then he walks away.
Noelle looks at me and let's out a high pitch screech."He looked at YOU the whole time L!!"Her Face screamed happiness...yet her eyes screamed hurt and sadness.I don't know why though.
We went to our normal classes that day,science as usual is first.Me and Noelle were partners again,thank god.
Yet for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about how handsome Taj looked in his school uniform.He looks different from how he did yesterday from his first impression.A tight leather jacket and messy hair compared to slicked hair and a beige vest??I wonder which one I would pick.
Maybe today is the day a girl falls for a changed bad boy.Or a bad boy fell for a brainiac no body.Maybe whoever Taj is he didn't change...maybe he's just a handsome bad boy who put on a uniform.But whatever happened over night...I'm surprisingly attracted to it...