Noelle

Me and Lane both knew this party was a blessing in disguise.Mainly for me.Because Lane knows I never show up to a party with out a mini dress on.And I'll be damned if I show up at this party and can't look at Lane in a white angel mini dress all night.
After school we took Ruby Gabriel's white mini fan and drove to my house.Ya see...there has never been a party in FFV before.Ever.And there are no colors,no bright colors,in this town,unless they have been brought by someone moving in.If that's the case,the things they brought get burned.Have fun Taj McKenzie.
Walking in my front door,you had by mother Valerie Hawkings passed out on the sofa with a bottle of liquor in her hand.Typical mom.
Me and Lane rushes upstairs to my room.It was beige with a wide window and a completely white bed.

I searched through my closet for one of the perfect outfits for this little Halloween party Taj was throwing,until in the back of my closet I found the perfect dresses.I pulled one out and showed Lane.
"Hell no.Absolutely not."
I frowned.
"Come ON Lane.Its the first ever party that's happening in this town.Something actually EXCITING!You have to match the occasion."
She put her face in her hands.
I smiled because I knew it killed her to say that.
"I'll look like a prostitute Noelle....but I'lll do it..."
Yes!Lane Gabriel is going to the party in a white mini dress that goes right below the thigh,covered in glitter and sequins.No sleeve.It was a beautiful dress.
"Okay sooooo your going as an angel and IM going as a devil."
I proudly smiled at those words.
Lane fixed her glasses.
"That's obvious"
Yes of course it's obvious Lane...your playing an angel....
Head out of your heart and the clouds Noelle.
"Shouldn't I have a halo or something?"
Is smirked.
"Nothing glitter can't fix.Maybe we can actually use GOLD glitter?!"
She just smiled her perfect smile that made her dimples show.She is just to cute.
Yeah I know glitter is out of the question for her.
I was going to wear a pitch black dress that contrasts my tan skin and goes right below the thigh.Its covered in black tiny diamonds.And I know that black is supposed to be banned...but on Halloween they make a exception.
I remember how she looked today when Taj was talking to us.The once stubborn,fearless girl turned in to a little puppy when he put on a uniform??That doesn't mean he changed.Means his detention with Miss.Grey was terrible...THATS PROBABLY WHY HE TRANSFERRED OUT!!
After looking for our costumes,Lane had to go home.We hugged and said our daily farewells and she walked out that door and drove home.I fell back on my bed and smiled.
Miss.Grey was acting weird today in science class.Like really weird.She was fine yesterday in class though..until Detention...
"NOELLE!!"
I groaned at the high pitched voice of my mothers screech.What could she want now!!??
I got off my bed and walked down the creaky steps downstairs.My mom was laying there on the sofa,drinking a full bottle of whiskey.Her ginger brown hair in a frizzy tangled mess and her outfit covered in spilt liquor.
"You called mother?"I crossed my arms and the sight of my obviously drunk mother.She had a cruel smirk on her face as she took a long drink.
"What's this?"
Her voice slurred but she pointed to a white notebook on the table.
I couldn't move.
She didn't look inside it..Did she?Oh god please say she didn't look inside it...
"Mom...."
She glared at me.
I'm dead.
"You little bitch."
I looked at the ground.
"You...you did this."
She held up the bottle of whiskey.
"You...did THIS!!!"
She threw the notebook at me and I stumbled slightly.Grasping it in my clutches.
"Read it."
I didn't move.
"I SAID READ THE FUCKING NOTEBOOK NOELLE!!!"
I slowly opened the notebook...my hands shaking.Tears swelling in my eyes.
Inside the book were hundreds of pages of my writings and drawings.Me and a girl kissing.Me speaking my feelings about a special GIRL,and me talking about my love for Lane.
"Who is the little bitch who corrupted my daughter."
She stood up and wobbles when she walk.She walked towards me.
"I said WHO IS IT!!!???"
She slapped me.Hard.Right across my face,leaving a read mark on my cheek.I closed my eyes and whispered so quietly you could barely hear it."Lane."
She backed off and threw the bottle down on the ground."I should have known.Listen and listen good child.Either you stop whatever phase or nonsense this is....your breaking the rules."
I let out a burst of tears...destroying my perfectly applied makeup sadly...but they fell off my face.
"OR I WILL GO DOWN TO THE COUNCIL AND SEND YOU TO JAIL MYSELF!!!!"
I looked in her eyes.Piercing blue.
Damn....she's serious.