1

W.

I felt my heart jumped in my chest as my alarm woke me from my slumber. I picked my phone up and it was 7:05.

"Why the fuck did I pick an 8am?" I groaned as I'm force to get up for my Intro to Film class.

I open my door and walked towards the bathroom. Careful not to wake my roommate up. I share living accommodations with 3 people. Two on one side of the living and kitchen area and me and my roomie on the other.
I don't really socialize with the two on the other side that much. Just my roommate that sleeps in the room next to mine. She's also my best friend.

I brushed my teeth and watch the crust off my face. I look in the mirror. My eyes were still puffy as I try to put a little make up on my face.

I took my bonnet off and saw what a mess my leave-out was and decided to wear a hat and my school hoodie, some blue jeans and white slip ons. This was pretty much a regular-degular outfit for me.

I looked at my phone and it was 7:45. I grabbed my book bag and began walking to class. I in fact hate being late. So I'm always aware of the time or know when I'm taking too long. 

I don't have many friends in college. Not that I don't want friends or not that I have trust issues or anything bizarre. I want friends but the people I've encountered are either too boring or too extra or just plain fake. I don't socialize with people in my class either. For what? They really annoying to be honest.

As I'm walking to class, I tripped but was able to catch my balance. I looked around to make sure nobody saw. It was too early for my fellow college mates to be up.

It took 10 minutes for me to get to class. And as always I was the first there. I waited outside the door with my earphones in and scrolling through Twitter laughing at the hilarious things Black Twitter comes up with.

I was only waiting for 5 minutes when someone interrupted me.
"Excuse me." I barely heard as I was blasting music.
I looked up and my eyes met a tall guy.
He looked at me confused with his phone in his hand.
I pull my earphones out.
"Yes." I said.
"Is this Intro to Film, I'm kinda lost." His voice was raspy. Which was normal since it was so early.
"Yes. It is." I nodded at him and I watched as he relaxed and gave me a faint smile.

"Thank you." He said as he walked and lean on the wall opposite from me.

I put my earphones in again and continue scrolling on Twitter. 10 minutes later people started to show up along with the Proffessor.

"Good Morning crack heads." He said as he walks pass us to unlock the door.
I few chuckles escapes some of my classmates lips before they reply in unison.
I entered the classroom and sat in my assigned-unassigned seat and put my book bag in the chair next to me.

As my Proffessor began his lectures, I took my pen out to sign my name on the attendance. In his class we don't really take notes, only if you have a really horrible memory because half the lectures are self explanatory.

As the attendance sheet got to me, i signed my name and pass it to the person behind me. The guy from the hallway was sitting there.

I gave him a smile and hand him the attendance sheet.
"Thanks." He smiles back.
Damn. His shit is straight as fuck.
I didn't even notice before.

I turned around. I listen to my Proffessor until the lecture was over.

I put the pen back in book bag and head towards the door. As a walk down the hallway. I checked my phone and it was 8:55 am.

As I put my earphone in I heard someone behind me call out but ignored it.
Maybe you left something in class.
I turned around.

"Hey." The guy called out as he jogs towards me.
I walked forward to meet him half way.
He catches up to me, not even out of breathe.
"Hey." He said again with a breathe while flashing his pearly whites.

"Hi." I said with my squinting my eyes confused but with the usual smile.
"I didn't get your name." He said.
His skin was chocolate, his face was smooth with little no no pimples.
The hell is your skin care routine?
"Whitanie." I said. What do he want?
"Whitanie." He smiled at me and I notice his dimples.
"Is that your name too." I chuckled.
"No, it's Nickalous." He laugh catching my joke.
"Is there anything you need Nickalous?" I asked.

Watching him closely, the more I encounter this dude the more I notice this guy looks kind of decent.
"Uuuhhhh, nah, I just wanted to introduce myself. Since you was all nice to me."

"Are people always not..... nice to you." I said.
"Well......yeah they are. But I'm new here." His hand gestures around.
"Then welcome to Atlanta College." I said in my Caucasian voice.

He had silver earrings in both ear. His hair was cut short with pools of waves in it and his dark brown eyes were almond shaped. His had a clean shaved face with a little mustache. It wasn't thick but he look very handsome nonetheless.

"Well, I Uh better get going to my next class." I said as I check the time in my phone.
"Uh yeah, I'll see you around." He said giving me an hug.
"It's nice to meet you Whitney."
"Nice to meet me too." We both laugh and I walked away.

His scent linger on me. His cologne smell so soft unlike other that causes me to sneeze all the time. He smelled good. His body was sexy, like he work out sometimes but still manage to eat junk. He look regular. But he looked good. Wasn't too ripped or too skinny.
He was wearing a orange hoodie , black jeans and some black and white vans with a pink book bag which I found really odd.
A pink book bag. I chuckled as I walked from one building to another.
Putting my earphones back in my ear and slowly forgot about the event that just happened.