7

N.

I waited for Whitney outside. I dressed casual. I leaned against my car with flowers I picked up from the grocery store. I made reservations for a restaurant I always wanted to try in the city. I just hope she doesn't mind being fine dining. I felt nervous. Waiting for her to exit the residence hall any minute now.
"Hey Nick." A girl from my Econ class said from behind me.
"Hey.... you." I said totally forgetting her name. She was in a white Hyundai. She was a small girl. Short and slender.
"Really, you forget my name already?" She frown.
"Yes, I'm sorry, tell me again and I'll lock it in." I smiled at her.
"It's Dedra." She rolled her eyes trying to hide her obvious smile.
"Got it." I said. She sat in front of me in Econ and always make small talk with me since the first day of class. I just forgot to listen when she told me her name.
"The syllabus said we're gonna have a ground project coming up. Wanna be partners?" She asked
"Yeah. Sure." I nodded.
She smiled at me and drove off.
"Hey." I heard her voice and spun my neck around so quick I almost hurt myself. She looked so beautiful. She was wearing more makeup than usual and even though she's not that close to me, her scent was amazing.
"Hey." I smiled nervously. "You look beautiful."
She held her head down. I went in for a hug and gave her a little squeeze before letting go.
"Thank you." She said
She was wearing a pair of black jeans, a grey top with a black leather jacket with, heals.
"These are for you." I handed her the flowers.
She tilt her head to the side and smile. One so big and beautiful even her dimples popped out. I didn't notice before.
"Thank you." She manage to say.
"Are you ready?"
She nods
Our car ride was quiet except for the hip hop music that played on the way. About 20 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant. I pulled up in front of the restaurant. A say her reached for the door.
"Nuh Uh." I said and she looked at me confused with the door half open.
"Close it." I gestured. She gave me a my bad face expression.
"When your with me. Your not allowed to touch the door." I said.
I got out and open her door and gave the valet my keys. We entered big glass double doors and was greeted by the hostess. Whitney was looking around as much as I was. Taking in the medieval beauty of the place.

We didn't wait long to be seated.
"This is some fancy shit." She smiled at me.
"I know. I wanted to impress you." I said.
"You didn't have to." She chuckled.
"Why not?" I asked
"Because you already did." She looked at menu.
I couldn't help but blush a little.
"I don't know what to get." I muttered.
"Let's try pasta, can't go wrong with that." She suggested.
I turned to the pasta part of the menu.
"Let's try the lobster cream pasta." I pointed.
"Ssss. I don't really eat sea food like that." She said.
"Okay, we can try one of the chicken then." I said.
The waiter came and took or orders and gave us complimentary bread and butter.

"I didn't know you played baseball." She said.
"Yeah, I've been playing since middle school. It's like a hobby. Stress reliever." I said.
"Oh. Are you into any other sports?" She played with the bread.
"Yeah. All of them basically." I chuckled.
"Oh.. uhh. Sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to cry all over you." She said embarrassed.
"It's all good. I didn't mean to make you cry. So don't apologize."
She sighed "The wound is still fresh. I hope I can heal soon. So I don't have break down in front of someone again."
"I feel you. My mom past when I was 12. I felt like things just kept going left in my life and it took some time for me to cope." I said. By this time she was looking at me.
"How did you get by it?" She asked.
"I Uh. Got caught up into some things that I wasn't supposed to. But you can't get by it Whit. I've learn it's better to accept it and know that your brother is always with you." I said.
"It's so hard." She sighed.
"I know. Time. Just give yourself time." I held her hand.

"Do wanna go somewhere after this?" She asked suddenly.
"Yeah. I'm up for it. Where?"
"Like a club maybe." She smiled
I never took her for the partying type but I'm just getting to know her and I'm likely her more by the minute.
"Hell yeah." I returned the smile.
After the dinner with her we head to a club called Raunchy. I heard of the club but I've never been. Whit said she's been a couple time.
We pull up to the club and there was long line.
"Damn. This a long as line." She said.
I didn't want to tell her that I never waited in lines to get into clubs. I don't want to sound so boujier than I already am. I parked and we head towards the entrance. I held her hand and lead her because I knew she was expecting to join the line.
"Two VIP ." I told the security guard.
I paid for us and the security guard pat
us down.
The club was jumping. There was a lotta people there. Smoke in the air and drinks everywhere. Everyone was having a good time including Whitney. She was dancing and singing words to songs she knew.

Her energy was so amazing and I'm starting to love being around her

"You look mad beautiful." I said in her ear over the loud music. She smiled at me. We stayed in the club for until 2am in the morning. Neither of us had anything to drink or smoked.
"That was fun." She said as a I pull up in front of her resident hall.
"It was. I enjoy being with you tonight." I smiled at her.
"Yeah. You're pretty cool too." She said.
"I would like to take you out again. If it's cool with you."
"Yeah. I'd like that." She said biting her lip to hide her smile.
"So, I'll see you in class." I said after a moment of silence.
"Yes definitely." She replied.
I held her hand, which was cold and kissed it.
"Can I kiss you?" I asked her.
She swallowed and nodded her head looking slightly nervous. I leaned in and gently kissed her lip. They were soft and tasted like mango. Which I liked. She kissed me back with the same energy. She held the one side of my face with her hand. And we were deep into the kiss. I couldn't get enough of her. She's doing things to me.
She suddenly pulled away. She looked devilish like she was up to something. One of her hand reached behind her and I realize she was going for the door.
"Don't you da-
She quickly open the door and got out still wearing a devilish smile as she walked around to my window. I rolled my window down. She rest her head on the door with her ass poking out.
"Why'd you do that." I asked.
"I'm just messing with you." She chuckled.
"Well don't. Do it again." I said.
"I'm not promising you anything." She smiled and tap my door before walking off.
She's so fucking fine. She makes all part of me pay attention whenever she's around.