3

N.

I felt nervous walking up to Whitanie in the supermarket. She's gonna think my ass is a stalker forreal.
She stood there looking at cereal boxes for the longest.
She was wearing a black hat and blue T-shirt and some black skinny jeans witch complimented her figure. One hand was tapping on her lip on the other on hugging her side.
She was short and her body was chubby. But she was sexy. The first thing I've notice about her was the beauty spot she had on her top lip. Right by the Cupid bow. Her lips where full. She had a round face and small almond shaped eyes. Her eyes is what captured me before.
When she looked at me that morning. Her light brown eyes never left mines. That was new because mostly girls eyes trailed all over me judging my looks . But her she did all of that later. Really that morning was just horrible. I barely got any sleep because of the construction going on outside.
But talking to her that day, made it better. She got me to smile. Laugh.

"Hey." I managed to say behind her.
She turn around and I was surprised she remembered my name as I did hers.

Telling her about my time at this new school she seem really happy for me. The more she spoke to me the more I wondered where she was from. So I asked and to my surprise she was from Jamaica. A place that I've been wanted to visit.
"I just wanted to fit in." Rung in my head when I asked about her accent.
I like the words that she's says differently. She doesn't have much accent left but it's still there with certain sentences and words.

I was taken aback when she ask if I wanted to shop with her. I don't know why, just seem like somethings I would have asked her but she beat me to it.
She must have saw my face and quickly said " you don't have to if you don't.." I interrupt her accepting her offer. She's easy to talk to. She's chill as fuck.
We literally walk through every isle in Kroger. Even when we both didn't need anything from it.
"Okay, I'm pretty sure everything in here together is $50." She said while eyeing her cart.

"Really? I'll pay for you."  I offered. It was no big deal.
"No." She screwed up her face. "Nigga I just met you."
So that's not the point. I just wanna pay for it.
"So?" I said with a little more attitude than intended
"So, that is ridiculous. I'm not letting you do that." She says then quickly turn around before hearing what I have to say.

I couldn't help but smile as I stood behind her and watch as she empty her cart in the belt. Then I notice she had a tattoo on the inside of her arm down by the wrist. I couldn't make of what it was.
She's really not gonna let me pay? That's a 1st.

I helped her pack the food in her cart and began to empty mines on the belt. She stood in the front waiting for me. I try so hard not to stare at her. Suddenly she turned around and head towards the door.
"Whitanie." I called after her but she kept walking
Fuck!
I fidgeted impatiently as my head move back and forth from the cashier to Whitanie to my food.
Fuck it.
"Sorry but I have to go now. Just put my food to the side or something I'll come back to pay in a minute." I ran outside and scan the parking lot then I spotted her loading her for in the trunk of her white Tayota Camry.
"Hey? What happened?" I said.
She turn to look at me with a plain face. I didn't know if she was upset or...... not upset.
She looked around noticing that I don't have my cart.
"You left your food in Kroger. Did you know that?" She said squinting her nose.
"I know." I smiled at her.
"Why?" She turned around and continued to puts bags in her trunk and I proceeded to help.
"Because, I wanted to know why you left."

She closed her trunk before turning to me. I didn't expect her to tell me what happened.
"I felt some type of way after you offered to pay for my grocery. I felt like you wanted something in return and I'm not with the shits." She turned around and push the cart of out the way.

"Why... why would I want something in return?" I called after her.
"I don't know." She shrugged. "I don't want to say because you're guy."
"You just said it Whitanie." I rolled my eyes.

I was really hoping she wasn't going to say niggaz ain't shit. I don't think I'm like other men.
"Well, uhhh... I'm not gonna apologize to you." She said. She stood in front of me with her weight on leg and one hand in her hip with the other hugging her side. She so cute.
"You don't have to because I am. So.... uhh sorry." I mumble and looked at my shoes.
The wind picked up blowing towards me and her scent came my way also.
She smelled like baby powder. Like it's her natural smell.

"Really, even though it was me who accused you of wanted something in return. You still apologized." She laughed.
"Well I'm only apologizing because I've made you feel some type of way."
"Don't worry about me, I always feel some type of way." She said shyly.

"Whitanie." I sighed.
" Call me Whitney." She said
"Okay,...... Whitney. Would you like to go get something to eat?"
I felt so nervous.. she waited and hesitated to answer me.

"Relax!" She said. "Yes, I would."
"Well, you can go drop your grocery at home and I'll do the same." I pointed to the Kroger.

"You're crazy, you know that?" She shook her head.
"Can i get your digits then ma." She said rubbing her hands together licking her lips while swaying side to side.
I bussed out laughing as she did a the 'guy-trying-to-get-a-girls-number' impression well.
"Yes." I gave her my phone and she gave me hers.
"Don't take forever. I'm starving." She handed my phone back to me.
"I'll pick you up." We said in unison.
"No, imma come get you. That's final." I walked away from her.
Using her own tactic. I looked back and smiled at her.