16

W.
My flight leaves tomorrow and I'm quite nervous. I didn't tell Nic anything about me leaving. It's best that I give him space and I don't know. Maybe we can talk when I get back. Whatever happens I'll be alright.
"Where are you going?" Cin asked pointing to my suite case.
We haven't spoken since our fight and I was okay with that. I still had to live with her so. I'm not the type of person to apologize for no reason so she wasn't going to get one out of me. Yes I miss her as a best friend and I want to talk someone about me and Nic. But even if, I already know how she feels towards him so there's no need to share our business.
"D.C" I said not looking at her.
"Really for what?" She asked
I sighed.
"To tour the White House." I mumbled.
She was quiet for a moment.
"Are we gonna keep this up forever Whitney?"
"Keep what up?" I rolled my eyes
"This- that whatever." She said in frustration
"I'm not keeping anything up." I said
"It's been two fucking months. Come on." She said.
"You know Cin. If you wanted to talk to me between then and now, then you should've."
"Every time I try, your with your nigga."
"Who else imma be with? He practically a better friend than you."
"Don't say that, I just thought I was helping out by not saying anything."
"Well, that's a sucky way of thinking you've got"
"I know, I know and I'm sorry. I should've come for you or your mans like that. It was none of my business."
I looked at her. Could our friendship even revive itself?
"I accept the apology and I appreciate it. But you'll have to give me sometime because you really hurt my feelings Cin. I need time to trust you again." I said.
"I understand, i completely get it." She nodded. "Well, I'm going home for the break, have fun in D.C."
"Thanks." I smiled at her.
I'm feeling mixed emotions right now. I miss Nic. I miss the smell of him. I miss talking to him. I scrolled through my phone stare at the silly pictures we took together and the off guards that he doesn't know I have. My eyes couldn't help but tear up.
Without realizing it I almost called him.
______
I was on the plane to D.C along with others that were chosen. It's was only 4 of us. Two girls and two boys. I didn't catch any of their names yet. I forgot to listen. When we got to D.C we checked into an hotel and we got all got our own room. Our supervisor was supposed to meet us here and we were told to wait in the lobby.
"Why don't we introduce ourselves while we wait." One of the guy said. "I'll go first. My name is Lionel but you can call me LyLy or Ly. I'm from Bay Area, Cali and I'm gay in case you missed it."
We all laughed. Ly seems pretty cool. He was tall and  skinny. His big eyes would be the first thing you would notice.
"Well, I'm Shyla, I'm from Austin Texas and I have a 3 year old daughter." She smiled Shyla seem shy. Hence her name. She had big curly hair and a bright smile.
"Well my name is Brandon, I'm from Atlanta, Ga and  this was my first time flying." He chuckled.
Brandon was cute but in a nerdy way. He wore glasses and his ears were pierced. He also had a beard that brings out his jaw line.
"He hem, Uh I'm Whitney, I'm from Jamaica and I hope to have great time with you guys." They just looked at me.
"Well Whitney, that's not personal enough." Ly said.
"Yea, we kinda just told you a little bit about us. Of course we all wanna turn up with each other." Brandon chimes in.
"Well damn, ok ok." I raised my hands "I recently just broke up with my boyfriend and I'm kinda sad about it." I blurted out.
"Oh honey," Shyla cooed. "You get over him as time passes."
"Yah, were gonna have so much fun, you won't even have time to think about what's-his-face." Ly said.
"Right, cheer up, I'm sure you'll feel better by the end of this trip." Brandon smiled at me.
"You guys are too nice." I smiled.

"Is this my Presidential Group?" A female voice called out.
We all shook our heads yes.
"Well it's nice to meet you all. My name is Tammy and I'm responsible for you guys" Tammy is pretty. She had long blonde hair and green eyes.
"We will meet with the president in about one week, in the mean time, I'm not going to babysit you. Get your questions ready and if you go out be safe." She smiled at us. "Here is my number, if you have any questions. Please call. I will keep in touch." 
All our rooms were on the same hallway.
We exchanged numbers and made a group chat. Lionel suggests we go out for drinks and food and we all agreed to go tonight. But in the mean time I have to work on what I'm going to say to the president and the questions I'm going to asked. The best interview will be televised on all the main news channel and I am fucking nervous.
Maybe they were just being friendly because they know it's a competition or maybe they are just cool like that.
It was that time for us to go out. We ate at a restaurant close by and I really enjoy their company. I get to know more about each of them the more time we spent together and as group we are funny.
"Ok ok ok, so your tell me, you've never tried Wendy's?" Brandon said in shock.
"I haven't, now leave me alone." I laughed.
"But why?" Shyla asked
"I honestly don't know." I shrugged
"You are bizarre." Ly chimed in.
"C'mon, it's not all that."
"It's not what?." Brandon eyes widen. "You are crazy."
"We're getting you some Wendy's tomorrow." Shyla smiled. "You are missing out hon."
My phone began to ring and my heart jumped.
"Excuse me" I said before leaving the table and went outside.
"Hello." I said.
"Hey." Nic said
"Hey what's up." I asked.
"I just wanted to thank you, I realize that I didn't say thank you." He said.
"Thank you for what?" I said confused.
"For taking care of me when I was....... drunk." He said.
"Oh. That's nothing. No problem." I said softly. I missed his voice.
"Oh well that's all, bye." He said
"Nic?" I said
"Yah."
"I -uh" I stopped talking when I heard a girl giggling in the background."
"Who's that?" I asked him.
"Nobody. I gotta go Whit." Then he hung up.
He's moved on already. I should've listened to Cin. I should've known. I should've fucking known.
I went straight to my room, I didn't go back inside because I just wanted to be alone and it will be too hard to not cry. I texted the group chat to let them know I'm going back and that I'm alright. The hotel was just a 5 minute walk anyway.
When I got to my room just get in bed and cry until I fell asleep.
______
I woke up to loud banging on the door and a familiar voice calling my name.
"Whitnayyyy. Whit-
I opened the door. It was Lionel
"What on earth do you want at this time a night?" I asked
"Girl, it's only 10pm. Get up. We're going to the club." He walked pass me
"Club? I don't-
"Shh come out, have fun, stop swallowing yourself over that nigga. Stunt on him, flex." He smiled.
He was damn right. It's time I stop doing this to myself.
"Yeah. Let's going fuck some shit up." I smile at him.