Interrupted {Adelaide}

"Sherlock, where are- Whoa!!"

We peel away from each other to find Detective Inspector Lestrade standing some distance away, holding up his mobile.  I think it's hard to tell which of us is blushing harder but I think in this instance it's Sherlock.

Until I glance at Sherlock's wrist and see the time. I'm going to be in so much trouble!!  I jump off the bench and grab my stuff, "A-Adelaide?!"

"I've got to hurry back, Sherlock. I lost track of time and now I'm late! Professor Ingraham is not going to be happy!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey!" Lestrade inputs and we look over at him, "Apologies by the way for walking into your makeout session, but if you'd wait a second I can make sure you don't get in trouble with your boss over being late."

Sherlock blushes harder, "You have no regrets for stumbling upon us. You're videotaping us, Gavin."

Lestrade shrugs with a cheeky grin, "Oi, it's not every day your emotionless consulting detective gets a girlfriend."

"If you send that to John-"

"Already done."

I just stand and watch them bicker back and forth for a couple minutes, trying to simultaneously cool my blushing cheeks. Sherlock eventually hops to his feet and takes me by the arm, startling me in the process, "Sorry, Adelaide!"

"I-It's fine, Sherlock."

He looks back over to Lestrade, "I'm going to drop her off and you are going to erase that video, Geoff. I'm sure you won't mind if I use your badge," There's still a heavy pink tinge in his cheeks as he bids Lestrade a good day and then propels me away. The DI just snickers at us and I know he has no intention of deleting whatever pictures and videos he took of us, "He has a habit of taking videos and pictures of me during my rare moments of vulnerability and embarrassment. N-Not that I am e-embarassed-" 

I chuckle and grasp his hand, "I know, Sherlock. No need to apologize for his interruption, alright?"

"Very well..," Before we get too close to the rest of the Tagging Team, I pull Sherlock off to the side, "Don't you have birds to attend to, Adelaide?"

"They can wait just a minute. Thank you for spending lunch with me, Sherlock."

His eyes soften and he smiles gently, "It was my pleasure, Adelaide."

I smile and raise up on my tiptoes to press a a light kiss to his lips, "Now  I need to get back to work, Sherlock."

"The birds can wait another thirty seconds." He leans down and we share a couple more kisses, short and sweet, before I peel away and gesture towards my intended destination. He nods and walks me over to Doctor Ingraham, who immediately greets me with a cold look.

Doctor, I'm sorry I'm late-"

"You're ten minutes late. I needed you here thirty minutes ago."

I falter and Sherlock speaks, "Excuse Miss Cavanagh's tardiness. She was assisting the Scotland Yard with a case," He holds up a badge, I presume Lestrade's, "She provided useful information and would not have been late otherwise."

Doctor Ingraham recognizes Sherlock, "Wait, you're the Hat Detective aren't you? Sherlock Holmes?"

Right. He's been a fan since the poaching case.

"Yes."

Doctor Ingraham bursts and starts praising Sherlock, who stands through it despite obviously being uncomfortable and uninterested. I come to his rescue and step forward, "Doctor, I think he needs to get back to the crime scene. He was just escorting me back, sir."

"Oh, sorry, Mister Holmes! Thank you for making sure Miss Cavanagh got back. I'm glad she could help you out with your case."

"Of course. Her help was appreciated," Sherlock finds his opening to leave and takes it. While Doctor Ingraham's back is turned towards a bird in the trees he pecks me on the cheek, "Greatly appreciated, Adelaide. I'll see you later then." He whispers lowly and quickly.

"See you, Sherlock." I reply and as he's walking away he winks at me, flashing one last smile.

Ta!!