The Feast/Like Mother Like Daughter

WARNING: Mentions of blood and self harm. (But it never happens! *please remember if you are a victim to these things call a hotline, I am not trying to glorify it in any way <3 ur all perfect*)

Aquaria

I nuzzled her neck and took in her sweet scent. She smelled like cake and motherly perfume. I smiled, hearing her laugh.

"Wanna go eat some dinner with Aqua mom?" I asked, hearing her snort.

"That's the worst name I've ever heard! And yes!" She rolled off my stomach and stood up, fixing her hair and clothes. "What we having?"

"Perhaps a nice steak or-" Aquaria chuckled and shook her head. "Well, I never really told you this, but since we are together now, I suppose I can."

"What?" Cracker puffed her cheeks cutely and I laughed.

"Well, me and my mom usually eat things like bats, insects, rats and sometimes lizards of different sizes. But mostly bats and snakes." I bit my lip awkwardly and saw her eyes widen in shock.

"Wow, you aren't limited to food options." Cracker joked, laughing. "It's okay! I'd just have some pizza."

"Sure!" I stood up and kissed her cheek, "Pizza is nice too!" She held my hand and I guided her down the stairs and into our huge dining hall. The lights were turned off but there were candles lined over the tables perfectly. My mother stood blankly next to the table which was covered in stickers, as always, and she had her hand over the chair Cracker was going to sit on. The food was all ready, for us anyway. "Mommy! Cracker would like a pizza instead; she might not like our choice of foods." I heard Cracker giggle and I gave her hand a tight squeeze in response. My mother stared blankly at her with her white eyes. She quickly walked past us and into the kitchen. "She's gonna make a homemade pizza!"

"Thanks, Aqua!" She walked over to the chair and sat down, fiddling with her thumbs on the table. I noticed my mom had put out skull ornaments all over the table, which should I mention, had a black gothic tablecloth. This was normal for me and I liked it, but I hope Cracker doesn't feel scared or uncomfortable. The atmosphere connected to me, but some people might not get it. 

"Are you comfortable? I hope the gothic theme doesn't put you off." I chuckled and she shook her head with certainty. 

"No! It's cool!" She looked down at her hands, smiling. I sat next to her, moving my chair closer. 

"The pizza might take a while to make, so-" I shrugged and smiled, suggesting different things. "What you wanna do while we wait?"

"You can start eating if you like," Cracker reassured me. I nodded and took the tongs from a bowl that had, what people would find gross, bat wings. I found them no different to chicken wings. "Are those bat wings!?" Cracker asked, astonished.

"yep," I placed a few onto my place, putting the tongs back. 

"How do you find them?"

"My mom hunts them herself. That's how she makes her money, she sells them. We don't eat supermarket food. The industry is cruel to animals." I closed my eyes and felt her face inch closer to mine. I opened them quickly, seeing her soft smile. "Crackie?" I asked, feeling her lips suddenly connect with mine. I chuckled and pulled away.

"Sorry, you looked so pretty in the light of the candles. I couldn't help it." She mumbled, sitting up straight. Her head quickly turned to shoot a glare at the mirror on the other side of the room. "A-Aquaria, did you hear that?"