Chapter 26

I woke up to the sound of some one placing something on the bedside table, the small noise being enough to make me cringe.

Fuck, my head hurt. How much did I have to drink last night? I let out a loud groan and pulled a pillow over my face as I felt my body begining to wake up. I didn't want to wake up, my head hurt! I want to go back to sleep and cuddle in my warm sheets. 

Right as I felt my body slowly begining to lure back to sleep my stomach churned. Shit. WIthout a second thought I jolt out of my bed and made a b-line for the bathroom. I had jut managed to make it to the toilet in time when I felt eberything that I had ate last night come pouring out of me. The only thing that I could think of, was that I'm never going to drink again. Yet, I knew i was lying to myself. Right now I may not ever want to drink. But in the future when I see Louis and Eleanor together, I will. I'll down a bottle of scotch and have to regrets until the nest morning. Then I'll do it all again. 

Once I finished I wiped my mouth and washed my hands before brushing my teeth. That was when I heard a noise coming from my room and my eyebrows furrowed. Maybe one of the boys took me to my room last night and decided to help me out. Dam wouldn't that be nice. To have Zayn or Niall, or Liam in my room explaining every dumbass thing I did last night while I chug down pills. A small chuckle left my lips as the thought and I stepped out the washroom. 

"I got you some red powerade and tylenol. I know you like the purple kind but all they had was red." Lousi told me, pointing to the nightstand. 

My eyes widened and I looked from Louis to the pills and back to Louis again. Whats going on? Why is Louis here?! He's suppose to be on a plane to Paris right now, not nursing my hangover. 

"Uh... Lou? Not that I'm super happy, but wh-what happened." I asked, cursing myself when I stuttered. How come I always seemed to lose my composure when Louis was around, couldn't I for once act cool and collective around him?

I watched as the smaller boy nibbled on the inside of his cheek before letting out a small sigh. "Take your pills. I ordered us some room survice. We'll talk over breakfast, well its nearly lunch now. But I got you pancakes anyways." He explained, a small grin forming on his face. 

Wincing, I felt a terrible pain in my head. Why does alcohol hate me? I walked over to the night side table and grabbed both the pills and gatorade, swallowing both tylenol in one shot. 

I was still desperately confused about the entire Louis situation. Where was Eleanor? Are they fighting? What happened at the wedding? I glanced over at Louis and my jaw nearly dropped when I noticed something. His wedding ring, it was gone. 

No longer was there a gold and silver band on his finger, instead it was empty. The only thing that this did was rasie more questions then answers. Why wasn't he married to her anymore? Did he lose the ring? Did he throw it away? Oh my god, did she die?! Not that I expected the last one to be real, but there was still a possibility.

Louis and I sat in a silence that could not be described as comforatble, but it wasn't exactly awkward either. We simply sat there, not speaking to eachoter. We didn't ignore one another, yet neeither him nor I made a move to say anything. Not that we really knew what to talk about. After all, what would you say if you found the your best friend who was also the man you loved, in your room without his wedding ring or his wife on the day that was suppose to be his romantic honeymoon?

Aproximately five minutes later the food finally arrived and my stomached gurgled happily at the smell. My mouth watered and I sat down on one end of the table with a large plate of pancakes and syrup in front of me. Louis had a b.l.t, with extra bacon. He probably had ranch dressing on there too, the small lad couldn't get enough of the stuff.

"She faked it." Louis announced halfway through the meal.

My eyes widened and I began choking on the peice of pancake in my mouth. What?! Louis' beautiful blue eyes filled with worry when he saw my choking and he ran over beside me, rubbing my back until I could finally breath again.

"What do you mean?" I questioned wiping my mouth.

Louis sat down on his chair again and pushed the half eaten sandwich to the side. "The pregnancy. It was all just some big scam to marry me."

"Oh god Lou, I'm sorry." I whispered.

Louis shook his head and gave me a small smile.

"Don't be sorry. If anything, I should be thanking you."

Wait what? What the hell did I do? Louis seemed to notice my confusion and he reached over and took my large hand in his.

"Last night when you were drunk off your mind you stumbled to the back of the hotel, you caught her smoking and drinking and you called her out for it. She started yelling things and ended up reveiling everything to my mother who was standing behind her the whole time." He spoke.

A small breath escaped my lips and I looked down at the table. Slowly but surely the foggy memories came to me. I could remember screaming, and then some crying, followed by my own laughter. Looking up at Louis I gave him a smile and squeezed his hand in mine. 

"So now what?" I wondered out loud. 

Louis shrugged and met my eyes. "Now, I sign some divorce papers and I'm good. We had a pre-nup so I wont lose any money. I'm okay."

I shook my head softly, which led to a sonfused look from Louis. "No, not finacially or legally. I meant, now what for you? What are you going to do, what are we going to do?" I whispered. 

Louis' eyes widened slightly and he seemed to catch on to what I was saying. "Oh." Was all that left his mouth. 

I stayed silent. I could tell that he was thinking, he always made a kind of silly face when he thought. His left eye would almost go crossed-eyes and his tongue stuck out just a little bit. 

"Now I guess, maybe theres a possibility. Obviously not right away. But maybe, if things turn out right then we can try." He whispered, his cheeks turning a gorgeus light pink. 

"Okay." I agreed. 

Afterword we returned to eating our food in a comforatble silence, a small happy grin on my face. It wasn't a yes, he wasn't agreeing to be my boyfriend. But he said maybe.

And maybe is all I need