Chapter 1 Welcome to DunBroch

A S T R I D

"Astrid, we've been looking for DunBroch for days!" Snotlout whines.

"Shut up, we're finding Hiccup in case you forgot. And anyways, Fishlegs says he knows where it was" I snapped.

We were flying through the clouds on the dragons. We rested at night on random islands and took off again, in search for DunBroch.

"Ugh Astrid I haven't had--OW" Tuffnut whined getting interrupted by a bird who slammed onto his face.

I chuckled and he picked the bird up and stared at it before tossing it away.

"Hey I think I see something" Fishlegs say pointing to a big island down below.

"Woah is that.."

"Please tell me it is"

"That's probably it" I say.

"YES A PROPER TOILET" Tuffnut fist pumped.

We all looked at him.

"Hey try peeing without squirrels staring at you" He crossed his arms.

"Alright careful guys, we need to stay low" I say and we dove down. We stayed clear from the ships and the guards.

HA!

We have dragons!

TOO SLICK FOR YOU.

"Astrid shut up" Ruffnut hissed trying fly really low towards the kingdom of DunBroch.

"Dang I said that out loud" I mumbled.

A few minutes after staying clear of the ships, we landed somewhere in the island where there was nothing but forests.

"Guys, we have to hide the dragons" I said mounting off Stormfly.

"What if we just said they were pets? Like overfed pets?" Tuffnut suggested.

"Merida will recognize them! We can't go around walking with dragons" I said.

"We can, we always do back home"

"Back home but not here. We have to blend in, while finding Hiccup" I said.

"Alright. We need to find somewhere big, warm, and to protect them from rain or to hide them from the guards" Fishlegs say.

"HEY GUYS?" Snotlout say and we looked over at him.

"I found a huge gigantic cave, but that's not going to work right?" he asks.

I ran to him.

"Where?!" I ask.

"There at the mountain behind the kindom. It's big and the dragons could hunt for food" He said.

"Perfect, let's go!" I said and we all flew to the big cave. It was so big inside and it was hidden very well. And it was out of the guards reach too so it was good.

"Alright, listen to me Toothless. You have to stay here until further notice okay? You're in charge of these dragons. Make sure you stay hidden, and if all else fails, fly. Fly away okay?" I kneeled in front of Toothless and he growled in response.

"Okay, you guys be safe. You're dragons, nothing can stop you guys" I said to all of them. The growled.

"And keep it down" I added before we left the dragons.

"Alright, now to DunBroch" I said.

~•~•~•~

"Now we know for sure it's DunBroch" I said as we all stared at a big sign.

'WELCOME TO DUNBROCH" Tuffnut says out loud.

"Congrats Tuff, you can now graduate" I joked as the others chuckled.

"Hey we can't walk around looking like vikings, we need to dress up like them!" Fishlegs said pointing to the people. The girls wore silk dresses with their hair tied up and the boys wore kilts.

"KILTS! NO! I'm out!" Snotlout says before walking away but I dragged him back.

"Just please do this for Hiccup guys" I groaned.

"For Hiccup" Fishlegs said.

"For Hiccup" Snotlout rolled his eyes.

...

"Ugh this is too, girly" I groaned at my silky blue dress. I kept my skull belt though and lost my hood and my torso armor.

Tuffnut wore basically something like mine but without the helmet.

The boys wore different colored kilts.

"I hate you Astrid" Snotlout said.

"Hate you more" I growled.

"Alright guys let's just go" Fishlegs said and we calmly walked through the crowd.

"Hello! Welcome to DunBroch! Eh I havent seen yer fresh faces around here before!" A randome Scottish person said.

"Thank you, and we are just visiting" I said walking away from him.

"This place sucks" Tuff says.

"Yeah" Ruff replies. The village was different from Berk. DunBroch seemed bigger and people were more sophisticated.

Girls walking like they own the place.

Boys thinking they're the strongest of all.

Ugh.

And to mention the dragons. No sign of dragons here.

I didn't realize I was daydreaming when someone bumped into me.

"Watch where yer going, tourists" The woman says before walking away.

I turned around to see everybody spread out.

These people are like sheep, seriously.

Tuff and Ruff was looking around the weapon shop. Snotlout was at the pub marveling at the women. Ugh seriously, doesn't he remember he's with Ruffnut?
Fishlegs was checking out the library. Typical nerd.

I sighed.

I then realized I was in the kingdom's square. It was really big and banners were hung. One specifically caught my eyes.

"Princess Merida is happy to announce that she has found her husband to be. There will be a celebratory party at the square tonight. Come to the party to know who it is" I read. Uh oh this can't be good.

It took me minutes, many minutes to regroup the others.

"I think Merida is marrying Hiccup!" I growled.

"What? Why would Hiccup allow that to happen?" Fishlegs said.

"I don't know" I shook my head.

"We have to get him out of here" I said.

"How? Merida has her eyes on him 24/7" Tuffnut says.

"Maybe that can change tonight at the party. I'll find him and we'll take him home" I said.

"And we'll be the distractions" Tuff and Ruff say.

I giggled.

"Yeah, you guys are pretty good at that" I smiled.

"Let's do this. Let's just get him and fly away from here" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Sorry I wasn't detailed about DunBroch! They didn't really show how DunBroch looked like in the Brave movie :/

But anyways I hope you liked the first chappie! And do you really think Merida's fiancè is Hiccup?

Comment to me what you think and I'll do my best to improve it :)

Love you!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋