Chapter 19 Pregnancy Problems

A S T R I D

I woke up to see that I was on a bed in a dark room with some sort of jars of Thor knows what sitting on a shelf on the wall.

"Ah Astrid, you're awake" I hear Ruffnut's voice emerge from the silence. I noticed movement in the corner of the room and Ruff walked closer to me and opened the window.

Gosh the sun's blinding me.

"Hey, where am I?" I ask groaning as my head started to throb a little.

"Gothi's" She replies.

"Why?" I ask.

"Astrid, you're pregnant"

I froze, processing her words.

Very straight forward Ruff, thanks.

"P-pregnant?" I ask again, involuntarily placing my hand over my stomach.

"Yes, aren't you happy? I am!" She smiles wide.

I frowned a bit.

"Of course I'm happy, I'm just not sure if Hiccup wants this right now. Maybe he would, but not right now" I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

"Hey, if Hiccup doesn't accept that, then he is failing you as a husband. He made a vow to be with you and support you through thick and thin" She says. Woah, those words were actually, wise.

"Didn't know you had wise words" I reply.

"Hey I'm not all stupidity you know" She says.

"Where are the others?" I ask laying back down.

"I actually don't know" She replies and sits on a chair beside the bed.

"So are you gonna tell Hiccup?"

"That depends, who else knows?" I ask.

"Gothi and I" She says.

"Good, please tell Gothi not to tell anyone. I want to think this through on how I'm going to tell Hiccup, as calm as possible" I say as I get up, ignoring the minor headache.

"Affirmative" She replies and helps me out of the house.

I say thank you to Gothi and we tell her not to tell anyone just yet. She seemed to respect the decision so I was thankful.

I looked down at my tummy, and I instantly felt happy. I'm carrying Hiccup's baby, a new life with a beating heart. I'm going to be a mother.

Well all I can say is, no matter what, I'll love you always and forever. I place my hand on my flat stomach.

Man, I'm going to bloat like a pufferfish soon.

"Astrid!" I heard a voice and Ruff and I looked back to see Hiccup running towards me. I waved.

"Remember, not a word" I whisper.

Hiccup then hugged me tightly, and kissed my forehead and cheeks.

No too tight.

"Babe, I was so worried! What happened?! The guys found me. What happened?! Did you get hurt?! Did someone harm you?! Tell me who he is! I'll break hi-"

"HICCUP, calm down. I'm fine" I smile and kissed him.

"Gothi says she probably ate something bad" Ruff backed me up.

"Oh, then you should tell me if you aren't feeling well alright?" Hiccup stares into my soul.

"Alright" I reply.