Chapter 14 Back Home

A S T R I D

"Dude we've been flying in circles!" Snotlout says.

"No we've been flying in triangles" Tuff corrected.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"Don't try to be smart" Snotlout crosses his arms.

"GUYS! Look!" Hiccup says pointing down to a huge ice thingy.

"Woah" I said and Hiccup flew down to land.

"Hiccup! Careful!" I say as I follow him.

"I know" He says mounting off Toothless and I did.

Now that we were on land, the ice was huge. It had spikes too.

"Look guys! A cave!" Snotlout says pointing to an opening.

"Shut up Snotlout!" I hiss.

"Come on" Hiccup says daring to go into the dark. I gulped.

Oh Hiccup I hope you know what you're doing.

We did twists and turns through the cave. We then saw light like at the end of a tunnel.

"LET THERE BE LIGHT" I heard Tuffnut yell.

"Tuffnut shut up or this is going to be the last time you see light!" I growled.

"Guys sh" Hiccup says as we came closer and closer to the light. When we came out, we couldn't believe what we saw.

We saw a huge mass of dragons flying, playing, eating, sleeping. It was like a... A dragon sanctuary.

"Woah" We all said with our eyes and mouths wide open.

"It's like, a dragon sanctuary" Hiccup says. Hey, great minds think alike.

"It is" We heard a voice from above. We all looked up to see a person masked on a huge dragon.

The dragon slowly climbed down to our level. The person were a mask that was a bit creepy to me.

"What are you doing here?" Hiccup asks.

"Question is, what are you doing here?" The person replies carrying a stick. The person then approaches Hiccup.

"Hiccup be careful" I say.

Hiccup glances at me and smiles, as if telling me there was nothing to worry about.

The person stops dead in his/her tracks. Then takes off the mask, only to reveal a woman with auburn hair the same shade as Hiccup's, and light green eyes.

"Hiccup?! Could it be? After all these years... I can't believe it" She says all her focus on Hiccup.

"Am I supposed to know you?" He asks her, taking a step back.

"No, you were only a babe. But a mother never forgets" She replies. We all widened her eyes.

"Mother?!" Tuffnut yells but Fishlegs nudged him hard.

The woman places her hand on Hiccup's cheek, but Hiccup went and and hugged her tightly.

I gestured the others to give them two some space and left the place to wait outside.

...

"Hiccup has a mother?!" Tuff asks.

"Idiot! How would have Hiccup been born then?!" Snotlout replies.

"Can it guys" I sighed.

We heard footsteps approaching us and we looked back to see Hiccup and the woman smiling wide.