Chapter 2 Disaster Party

A S T R I D

We were at the plaza waiting for the Royal Family to come.

"Look Astrid! Food!" Snotlout said pointing to a table full of food.

"Go knock yourself out" I rolled my eyes and he ran to the food table faster than the road runner.

The others didn't hesitate to follow Snotlout to the food table.

I sighed and fumbled with my dress. I wasn't used to feeling this, girly.

"Well hello beautiful lass" A Scottish boy bowed to me.

"Uhm hey?" I replied.

"Oh not from here aren't ya?" He asks.

"Obviously not" I said placing my hand on my hip.

"Feisty. It's not everyday you meet a feisty girl" He says. I think he was around my age.

I smiled in response. Can't this guy just stop talking to me.

"Care to dance, m'lady?" He asks.

"Hello m'lady, was just looking for you" He spun me around. I giggled.

"And why were you looking for me?" I asked as he put me down and places his arms around my waist.

"Why? Can't I wonder where my favorite girl is?" He asked.

I smiled and studied his face. I placed my hands on his face. He had the most gorgeous eyes a boy could have. His cheeks always had these pink tints in them and his lips always looked so pink and plump no matter what he does with them.

I frowned at the memory of Hiccup. He always calls me that.

M'lady.

"Did I say something wrong?" The Scottish dude asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh no, I just don't want to dance, I'm sorry" I said before walking away from him.

I then heard some trumpets blow and then I saw the familiar orange untamed haired girl, with her father, mother, 3 brothers and the love of my life.

"Please welcome your royal highnesses, King Fergus, his wife Queen Elinor, their three sons Harris, Hubert and Hamish, their only daughter Merida and her fiancè Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III" I widened my eyes at Hiccup. He looked so different.

Instead of his hair being naturally messy, he styled it to make it neater. And he wasn't wearing his armor, but a really fancy outfit like what the king was wearing.

What I noticed also was that he wasn't hesitating to hold Merida's hand and waving to the public.

"Is that?! Haddock?!" Snotlout asked me his mouth full.

Everybody but us cheered at the Royal Family of DunBroch. I felt so sad for Fergus and Elinor to have a daughter like Merida.

"I know, he looks like a doll" Tuffnut groaned at Hiccup's appearance.

"Well, he's still handsome to me" I say as I watched the family blend in with the crowd to mingle with the others.

"This is it, I'm getting him" I whispered.

"Alright, we'll distract" Tuff and Ruff disappeared.

I swerved through the crowd until I could find Hiccup. Unfortunately he was talking to someone smiling wide with Merida clinging on his arm.

I groaned. Why is he smiling?! Isn't this torture for him?!

I see him excuse himself after kissing Merida's cheek and went to the food table, probably to get drinks for Merida and himself.