Chapter 7 Muffins, Books and Mirror Ballrooms

A S T R I D

"Hiccup I swear, someone will see us..." I hissed as he dragged me into the kitchen. Good thing no one was there.

"Then I'll be the one to blame. I'll never get you in trouble" He replies before showing me the kitchen.

"Wow, this kitchen is seriously bigger than my house" I said looking around. I spotted a muffin on the table.

"Muffin!" I squealed. Hiccup laughs as he took the muffin and gave me half.

I ate it and I moaned at the taste.

"Ugh this is so good" I said before finishing it.

"Wow you eat fast" He says taking bites from his half of the muffin.

"Nah you just eat like a bird" I giggled.

I heard a gasp and we turned around to see a chubby girl with her hair tucked into some kind of hair net?

"Maudie! Y-you can't tell the DonBruchs about this, please" Hiccup begged her. She must me the maid?

"Of course I won't. Just a bit shocked. Who is she? Is she the one you really love? Not Merida? Oh my gosh a Forbidden Love!" She squealed.

"Oh no no-" I said trying to stop her jumpiness.

"I like her, she's pretty. But Hiccup you're marrying the princess! You'll have to tell Merida" She says to Hiccup.

"No no she's just a friend, she helped me around the forest and now I'm just thanking her back" Hiccup says.

Maudie frowns.

"Oh, I thought you loved her since you got forced into this marriage" Maudie replies.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean I don't love Merida, it's just that everything's too fast for me. I wish we could just slow down and not hurry things up" Hiccup replies.

Are they-Are they really talking about this right now? Seriously? In front of me?

And ouch Hiccup. Ouch.

"Oh, I understand" Maudie says and she looks at me smiling weakly.

"You're a beautiful girl, you must be on the inside too" She says.

Then someone barged into the kitchen, particularly 3 little orange haired boys.

They saw me and widened their eyes.

"ARIEL HOFFSCOTCH!" They all said simultaneously and ran to hug me. I bent down and hugged them. Maudie wiggled her eyebrows at Hiccup.

"Hey Harris, Hamich, Hubert" I greeted smiling.

"What are you doing here?" Either Hamich, Harris or Hubert asked.

"Oh uhm--" I looked at Hiccup.

"I'm just showing her around, but you can't tell anyone okay? Not your sister, not your parents" Hiccup said to the triplets.

"Promise!" They said.

"Alright let's move on to, the library!" Hiccup says.

~•~•~•~

"WOOOOH" I said as I stood on that ladder thing you use when you get books that are high on the shelves. Hiccup was pushing it around.

"Ahaha stop Hiccup I'm gonna fall" I giggled holding on for dear life.

"Don't worry, I'll be here to catch you of you do" He chuckles.

"I think you guys should keep it down a bit, dad usually comes here around this time" One of the triplets say.

I widened my eyes.

"Hiccup stop!" I said and he suddenly came to a halt, causing me to lose my grip and fall.

And just like Hiccup promised, he caught me.

We looked at each other. He didn't put me down but instead stared deep into my eyes before I hopped off.

"Sorry, I'm heavy in weight I know" I said.

"No you're not" He says. We then heard footsteps coming to the library door and I widened my eyes. I ran to hide in a gap between two shelves.

The door opens.

"Oh hello Hiccup! Surprised to see you here in the library. You never caught me as a bookworm type of man" I heard Sir Fergus say.

"Oh, uhm I was just staying with Harris, Hamish and Hubert" Hiccup laughs nervously.

"Oh, well. I'm just here to pick up a book for Elinor" He says before I heard footsteps come closer to the shelf beside me.

Thor please don't see me. Please.

"HEY!" King Fergus suddenly says.

Uh-oh.

"This book is under the section F! Why is this in the section E?!"

I almost did a sigh of relief but I held it back in.

"Alright I'll be going. See you at dinner guys" I heard before a closing of the door.

"You can come out Ariel!"

I came out and sighed in relief.

"That was TOO close!" I hissed.

"Yeah but hey, he didn't catch you" Hiccup smiles.

"Right" I said.

"Now, to the ballroom!" Hiccup says before grabbing my hand.

~•~•~•~

I watched as Hubert, Hamish and Harris played tag around the ballroom.

I marveled at the ballroom. The ceiling was made of mirrors and when we looked up, we could see ourselves standing on a huge sun logo. It was amazing.

"Woah, this is big" I said looking around.

"Yes" Hiccup says coming closer to me.

I looked at him strangely.

"May I have this dance?" He asks bowing.

"Of course you may" I smiled wide and he then lead me to the floor to dance. He placed his arms on my waist and my hands on his neck. He smiled down at me, basically leading the slow dance.

"You don't know how to dance do you?" He asks.

"Nope, only know how to dance with axes" I replied.

"Just follow my lead" He says before bringing us around the sun. We twisted, he turned me and we were laughing. I'm having such a good time.

I was laughing, like nothing bad happened. Like Hiccup was never gone. Like Hiccup really loved me.

"Well for a girl who doesn't know how to dance, you're amazing" He says before we pulled away. We heard tiny claps and we looked at the side to see the triplets clapping.

"Don't tell our sister, but we ship you both than Hiccup and Merida" One of them said. (MORE HICCSTRID SHIPPERS GUYS OMG)

Me and Hiccup laughed at the statement the boys made. It felt really good to be close to Hiccup like this. I think he wanted times like this where he could just be himself, where he could just have fun.

"I really don't want this moment to last" Hiccup says looking straight at me.

"Me too" I said to him looking at him, feeling the urge to run my soft fingers on his cheeks.

Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Comment, vote, and stuff if you loved this chappie :)

Love you guys! Thanks for the messages on my message board! It made my day!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋