Chapter 5 Companions

A S T R I D

I waited the next day at the square with the rest of the gang scattered around town again.

It's me, alone again.

I then saw people crowding something, or certain people at the square. That must be them.

Ugh, it's going to be impossible to reach Hiccup this way. I sighed.

"Good luck getting your butt into that mess" Snotlout says approaching me and holding a chicken leg.

"Chicken leg?" He asks.

"No thanks" I said.

Wait, but Astrid, you love chicken.

"Wait on second thought, I'll get one" I said before leaving the crowded square with Snotlout.

~•~•~•~

I threw the axe to a farther tree.

I'm so mad at Merida right now. Does anyone else want to kill her? I'll gladly recruit you.

I screamed very loud and it all just echoed back to me. Birds that perched on trees flew away due to my sudden outburst.

"I can tell your mad" A voice spoke and I turned around to see Hiccup, handsomely leaning on a tree, smirking at me.

"Thank you Captain Obvious" I said pulling out my axe.

"Why are you mad?"

"Sorry I don't tell my problems to strangers" I looked at him. crossing my arms.

"I'm not a stranger, I'm your friend. You can trust me with anything" He says.

"We'll see about that" I replied.

A moment of silence.

"Didn't see you at the square today, or yesterday. In fact, I don't see you at the square at all. I always see you in forests" He says.

"Because the square is where people stay, and sometimes people are buttholes" I replied.

"That's true" He smiles looking over at me.

I looked down and felt conscious. I was trying hard not to blush.

"Quit looking at me" I snapped.

"Sorry, it's just that. You look familiar" He says.

I looked up at him.

"We met at the dance?" I replied.

"Yeah, but still" He says.

Is this part of the cure or what?

"Oh you must be thinking of someone else" I cleared my throat.

"Maybe" He mumbled.

I looked over at him.

I have an idea, but I don't know if Hiccup is ready for this yet.

And no I'm not kissing him. Yet.

"Hey like you said I can trust you right?" I ask.

"With anything" He replied. I smirked grabbing his hand and dragging him somewhere in the forest.

"Where are you taking me?" He asks.

"Somewhere but you have to promise not to tell anyone, okay?" I said.

I tried to keep cool as I felt sparks where our hands touched.

"Promise"

"I mean it Hiccup" I said.

"I know"

~•~•~•~

"Why are we in a cave?" He asks.

"Oh hush" I said and whistled.

The dragons then came out of the dark.

"OI! DRAGONS!" Hiccup yelled and tried to run but I tackled him to the ground.

"No! You have to trust me Hiccup" I say and he looked into my eyes.

He gulped. "Alright, I trust you" He says and I let go of him.

We both stood up and the dragons looked happy to see Hiccup.

"Th-they're not attacking" Hiccup said.

"Of course they're not. They know you" I replied whispering the last part. He went near them and a certain Night Fury came out pouncing on him, and licking his face.

"Woah woah! He's doing it again! I knew he wasn't a bear!" Hiccup said.

I chuckled.

"Why isn't he attacking me?" Hiccup asks as Toothless sits Hiccup on his lap and hugs him in his wings.

"Because you guys are companions" I said leaning on a huge rock.

"Companions? You mean, I know this dragon? Is this part of your sick joke again?" He asks me.

"Call it a joke, call it anything. But this is real Hiccup, and I know you don't remember anything but, Toothless does" I said gesturing to Toothless.

Hiccup looked like he was in deep thought.

"So this is part of who I was?" He asks me.

"This is part of who you are" I corrected him.

He then broke free of Toothless' grasp.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. But I promise I won't tell anybody, you can always trust me" He says.

"I know" I smile weakly at him before he leaves the cave. Toothless wanted to go after him but I stopped him.

"Let him bud, don't worry. He'll be back" I kissed Toothless' side and rubbed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Woop woop. Quick update before I leave for school :)

Updates again tonight!

Love you!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋