Chapter 26 "Killed"

(Pic of The Mother on the media)

Olivia

I gulped down the lump on my throat as I eyed in horror the thing the evil boss was holding. Noticing my reaction, she smirked as she squirted the needle making me jump on the chair I was being tied to. For three days as she had graced me with her short visits, she had been patient with me, trying to make small talks and occasionally asking my parents' whereabouts, no torture, no threats, because according to her, she didn't like messy interrogation. I was grateful for it, and me being a stubborn bitch didn't give her anything. I was amazed at how patient she was in those past few days but now, I had no idea what she was thinking. She probably couldn't stand my stubborness.

"Already tired of this useless interrogation? Are you going to kill me now Mother?" I asked calmly but within I was trembling in fear. I didn't want to die without saying goodbye to my parents and Scarlett. 

She smirked, "Are you that eager to die?" she challenged.

"What, are you ready to kill me?" I retorted causing her to chuckle.

She leaned in, brought her face closer to mine, looking amused, "Actually no. I have a great time talking to you so you can't die, for now. Besides, I still like to see your parents." She straightened back up and raised the syringe. "This, my dear, is sodium thiopental or simply called, the truth serum."

"Fuck," I blurted under my breath. 

"Yes, fuck," she said, amused. I squirmed, trying to break free as she slowly moved the syringe next to my arm. I bit my lower lip when I felt a sudden prickling sensation and shut my eyes. I hated needles, even if they wouldn't cause much pain, they were scary to look at. 

I braced myself for whatever effects the serum had but I didn't feel anything except that I felt a little sleepy. It made me wonder if she had the right serum or she mistakenly picked a sedative. I opened my eyes and saw The Mother staring at me with a smile on her face as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"Are you trying to get me to sleep?" I asked sarcastically.

She laughed briefly, shaking her head. "No. Now tell me Olivia...what do you desire?"

I rolled my eyes at her pathetic question. "To be the most desirable bitch ever known!" I said aloud, improvising. I had no idea how a truth serum worked but it felt like it wasn't working. 

"What do you really desire Olivia?" she asked the same thing again.

"To be the most desirable bitch ever known," I repeated, fooling around. It felt like we were going in circles here and as much as I hated it, I got plenty of time to go along, since I was stuck in here. What would she get with her useless question?

Instead of getting pissed, the evil boss just smirked and nodded before turning her back to me then walked to the center table. She picked up a small bottle and inserted the needle of the syringe on it. This time, she took a lot more of the serum, making my heart sped up. Was she trying to overdose me?

With a contented smile, she walked back in my direction and silently pressed the syringe on my arm causing me to wince. She drew in all the contents making me feel the trepidation, thinking that I would finally blurt out something useful to her, ofcourse except my parents' whereabouts because I didn't even know where they were. 

Feeling the needle was out of my skin, I opened my eyes and instantly found The Mother's triumphant expression. 

I smiled as I still felt sober and more in control, "Still the wrong serum," I said assumingly.