Chapter 31 "Out On A Date"

Scarlett

I stared hard at her, stretching my fingers as I prepared myself for the attack. She glared in return, craning her neck to each side then adjusted herself into a fighting stance. I admit, It was bold of her to challenge me into a fight. I didn't know what came over her that she woke me up and unexpectedly asked for a match, but one thing was for sure, something was bugging her. 

I was impressed how she looked so focused right now and if it would continue, she would learn a lot in no time. Usually, she would take our trainings lightly, losing her focus eventually. But today was different, for the first time, she asked me on a fight, telling me not to hold back. It got me curious about what was going on with her, but looking at her right now, I knew she wouldn't tell me anything unless I gave her what she wanted.

"What's up with you Liv?" I asked, hoping she would tell me. I honestly had no idea what I did wrong causing her to act this way. 

"Just do this and I'll tell you," she answered seriously. 

"But you're asking me to hurt you."

She sighed defeatedly and rolled her eyes., "Scarlett, I won't ever be ready if you always go easy on me. That's why you're training me right? So I would be prepared."

"Yeah, but why now?... Something's bothering you Liv. I could tell."

She opened her mouth but closed it eventually before nodding faintly. "Just give this to me Scarlett and I promise I'll stop if it gets too much."

I reluctantly nodded, "Fine... Just say the word and we'll stop." She nodded, and before I could ready myself, she suddenly launched forward, swiftly throwing a punch on my way which I easily blocked. She threw another predictable punch and I managed to dodge it, countering a punch to her side causing her to step back and clutched the part I hit. It wasn't a strong punch but it was enough to make her feel pain. 

Clenching her jaw, she regained her stance and raised her fists. This time, I didn't wait for her attack as I moved forward, mimicking her first attacks and somehow she managed to block them but she didn't see the kick I gave to her gut causing her to tumble back to the ground.

"Come on, get up," I urged. I realized  she was right about what she said. If I wanted her to really learn and be ready, I should teach her the hard way also.

Glaring, she heaved herself up from the ground and readied, a determined look was written on her face. I was pleased at her tenacity to do this and whatever she was going through right now, it somehow triggered this strong side of her. And I admired it.

"I'm not done yet," she said before sprinting forward, throwing a punch on my way which I easily dodged and when I countered a punch on her way, she immediately ducked down, and went behind. As I was caught off guard by her move, I felt a sudden pain on the back of my knee, making me kneel to the ground. Then with a swift movement, she sent a kick to my side, thankfully I had a quick reflex and somehow managed to block it but the force was enough to throw me to the side. I quickly rolled to my side, hunkering down and looked at her. She was smirking.

Looks like I underestimated her.

"Nice move," I complimented, "you caught me off guard."

"Hmm, you underestimated me then."

I smirked, "And now I learned my lesson," I said before initiating another round with a newfound excitement. I admit, this has gotten interesting and since Liv was taking it seriously, I did the same also.

Our little combat took almost ten minutes before I stopped as I got carried away and ended up busting her lip. I felt bad about it and I sincerely apologized, thankfully she took it well, saying she was to blame for challenging me. Well, she was right.