Chapter 41 "Survive"

Scarlett

Taking the opportunity while Helena was distracted, I immediately reached out for my sword, and deflected her sword away before stabbing her on her thigh, causing her to yell in pain. I let go of the sword, and quickly rolled away from her, ignoring the pain on my stomach. Crouching, I looked at her, panting, as she slowly pulled the sword impaled on her thigh, before my gaze momentarily flickered to Darren and Val fighting off the remaining enemies as they managed to reach them while they were gunning them down. 

I was about to shift my attention to Helena when I caught a glimpse of someone familiar, and when I got a good look at them, I felt like my heart would jump out of my chest when I saw Liv, fending off some enemies, and standing beside her was no other than Black. I had no idea what she was thinking, coming back here, and fighting off enemies like a pro. It angered me that she had to come back here, exposing herself to danger, and making me worry for her safety. 

I just hoped Black wouldn't let her got hurt. 

And speaking of Black, whatever the reason that made him change his mind, I actually didn't care, and him being here still didn't change how I felt about him. He turned his back on me once, and that was enough for me to hate him.

"Baby, look out!!" Liv suddenly shouted when we met gazes, and bringing my attention in front, I saw Helena swung her sword, aiming to cut my head in half, luckily, I had quick reflexes and I managed to duck down as the sword sliced through the empty space. I then quickly rolled to the side when she tried to strike me down in her second attempt. 

Getting impatient, she hissed in anger and charged once again, striking and slashing her sword aggressively, I could barely avoid her attacks, even if they were now sloppy. She looked like she wasn't thinking straight anymore, blinded by rage, so long as she could whip and strike her sword, she didn't care about anything else.

As she continued with her assault, she had managed to cut my arm, causing me to shriek in pain, and then kicked me hard on the gut, making me stumble on my back. Groaning, I slowly lifted my body to sit up, and saw Helena about to thrust her sword on my chest, but unexpectedly, a sword appeared from the side, deflecting her blade. Looking up, my eyes widen when I saw Liv as she then quickly whipped her sword, trying to cut Helena, unfortunately, she briskly evaded it by leaping back. 

"I got you now, baby," Liv reassured briefly glancing back at me.

I shook my head, "No Liv, what are you doing? You can't take her on alone...Let me do it," I breathed, forcing myself up, and stood beside her as she eyed Helena cautiously.

"You're badly wounded Scar. I can't let you get hurt more than you already have."

"Liv, don't--..."

"Oh, the damsel in distress wants to be a knight in shining armor...how romantic," Helena butted in, cutting my statement, "...but I don't have time for this...I will kill you both!" she suddenly hissed before charging towards us, and it caught me off guard when I was unexpectedly pushed to the side by Liv as clashed her sword to Helena's. She staggered back from the impact, and barely avoided Helena's second strike, then the next.

Wobbling up, I hurried to a nearby 'samurai' girl who had her back facing me, and without delay, I twisted her neck, hearing a faint snap before snatching her sword, and slayed two more. Black saw me as I met his gaze, and I gave him a subtle nod. When I saw him nearing me, cutting some girls at the same time, I immediately ran towards Liv and Helena, knowing he would strike down who would dare go after me.

When I saw Helena had managed to wound Liv on her arm, I swiftly raised my sword as soon as I reached them, and struck her down, but she was quick to block it. She limped back, putting a distance between us as I pulled Liv near me. We looked at each other briefly, before charging to The Mother, together.