Flokru

Every so often I see a flash of light as if we're passing through the forest as the sun is just setting. Creating a perfect display of oranges, reds, and pinks but every time it's a different piece of art.

I slowly try to open up my eyes. After an agonizing minute trying and failing I finally succeed. I take a minute to get use to the bright rays of sun hitting my face. That's when I notice Augustus's face above me. He's carrying me. I look over Augustus's shoulder to see a still blurry Lincoln carrying O. I look at her thigh and see a partial arrow sticking out of it. I grimace feeling the pain even though it didn't even happen to me. I look down at my own leg to see a throwing blade lodged in it. I grimace again only this time because I can actually feel the pain.

Augustus slows to a stop and puts me down on what seems to be stones. I can hear running water near by. We must be going to Lincoln and Augustus's village. Augustus sits down by my feet grabbing his water canteen and taking a drink.

"Mind if I have a drink" I ask trying to lighten the tense feeling in the air. He looks down at me shocked and I see Lincoln do the same. "Jeez don't act so surprised"
—————-
"Ai laik Octavia Kom skaikru en I gof gothru klin" Octavia has been practicing on her trig for over an hour with me. I had healed enough to finally stand. After Augustus had cauterized the wound.

"Klir not klin" I laugh.

"Hey I'm new, no hate" she laughs. Soon we're both gonna be able to have a full conversation in trigedasleng.

"Hey link when are we gonna leave for the village" I call over to Lincoln. I had decided to permanently start calling him that. I think it annoys him but I know he would never say anything.

"We're not going to the village." He calls back while finding berries for us to eat. I sigh and turn back to Octavia.

"You've never been to a grounder village have you?" I ask her. She shakes her head no. I mentally laugh, it really is something.

"It's an experience" I didn't notice that as I'm talking Augustus had walked up behind me. That was until I heard a stone move. I grab my machete and swing it back Stopping right before the throat. I place my machete back down when I realize it's just Augustus.

"Hey." he climbs over the log I have my back leaning against and sits down.

I take in a sharp breath of air. "Do you think everyone back at camp is okay?"I ask Octavia. As I await an answer I mess with the cloth tied around my leg. She considers it for a moment but then answers.

"No" She finally says. I look up from the cloth. I decide that if we're going to talk about this right now, I should probably tell Octavia something.

"Octavia," I start off. She looks up at me as I speak her name. "I love your brother." She smiles and nods her head at me.

"I know." She laughs. "He loves you too, you don't have to worry about him." A confused look washes over my face. How can I not worry? "He loves you enough to fight to make it back to you." That's probably the most heart felt thing she's ever said to me.

Augustus getting uncomfortable with our girl talk clears his throat and and speaks. "I can tell he truly cares for you." He says trying to comfort me.

"So..." I drawl. "Why aren't we going back to your village?"

"Our people believe we're traitors for helping Octavia" he explains. " Lincoln and I would die of a thousand cuts if we went back"

"Where are we gonna go then?" I ask him if trikru thinks they're traitors where will we go.

"East, to the sea then past it. There's a clan there they'll take us in"

As I mull over everything Augustus has said I look up at Lincoln. I squint at him because he's so far away. That's when I see him pull his sword out on something that's when I realize it's thunder. I quickly get up with a bit of struggle and hobble quickly over to Lincoln.

"Stop" I yell at him at the top of my lungs. "Don't hurt him"

He glances over at my direction and stands protectively in front of me.

"Stop it Lincoln, he's not dangerous." I shimmy my way around him and stand in between him and thunder. I throw my hand up in Lincoln's direction. I step out of the way and move my hand in front of thunder in a display like motion. "Lincoln this is thunder"

I bend down and start to pet him. He immediately starts to wag his tails and licks my face. "I missed you buddy"

"So he's yours" I hear Octavia behind me. I turn around and see Augustus helping her walk over. "I saw him around camp just didn't know he was yours or that he had a name."

"Yeah bell and I found him outside camp one day and he kinda just followed us back"
—————————-
"So you and this Bellamy guy?" Augustus question as we all sit around a fire. I stroke thunders fur just to distract me from the question at hand. Im really worried about him.

"Yeah Claire what are you guys?" Octavia giggles while wiggling her eyebrows. I groan can't I go one day without someone asking me about bell.

"I don't want to talk about this"

"Well he certainly does he talks about you all the time" O says nonchalantly. That peaks my interest as my head snaps up.

"Really!" I ask then groan i fell into one of Octavia's traps. She giggles.

"Yeah."

I turn back to Lincoln and Augustus. "Tell us about the clan" I ask. Laying my head on thunder.

"It's called flokru" I raise my hand in an attempt to get him to pause.

"I hate to put a damper on story time but I'm gonna go find more berries I'm starving" I say standing up. Octavia nods along with me.

"Me too" she tries to stand up but it seems she can't. She looks slightly scared. "Lincoln" she yells. She looks terrified now. " I can't feel my legs"

Lincoln practically jumps over to her to check her wounds. He grabs the arrow that had shot Octavia and licks the side of it. He quickly spits his saliva out into the rocks.

"Poison" Lincoln and Augustus share a look.

"We're to far away to turn back" I state but then add. "And we are not going to your village" I pause "you both know what they do to traitors, death by a thousand cuts" I can't loose these three I need them they're family.

"We're not going to the village" Lincoln says. Something must have come to his mind because he quickly turns to Augustus. "The river Beatles"

Lincoln gets up to leave looking back down at Octavia and kissing her forehead. Augustus gets up to follow him.

"Augustus wait" he stops and turns towards me. I run up and throw my arms around him. "Make sure you both come back" he nods grabbing my forearm after the hug. He turns and runs off following Lincoln.
—————————————-