A warrior mourns after

Bellamy pushes open the grate and we all crawl out of the air ducts. "We don't have much time." Bellamy says as he crawls out. "The last 12 are on this level."

"Including Monty." Jasper says with a smile. "Which way?"

Mya points to the right. "This way." Suddenly she freezes as an announcement is heard over head.

"Attention." The voice starts out. "Class one quarantine protocols are now in effect. All citizens must report to level 5 immediately. Hard seal locks down in t-minus 30 minutes and counting."

"Listen to me," Jasper says looking at a terrified mya. "You'll be okay. We're not gonna let anything happen to you. Will we?" Jasper looks over at Bellamy and I.

"Jasper in 30 minutes all back up power gets diverted for species continuity. That mean level 5 for life support and security. Radiation will seep in everywhere else. I can't go to level 5 without being shot in the head."

"Guys, we need to keep moving." Bellamy says looking around cautiously.

"We'll get you your hazmat suit. Extra oxygen, enough to last until your engineers get the power back on." Jasper says hopefully.

"Then what? Think Wallace will let me stay here after that." Mya deadpans.

Jasper suddenly gets a grim look. "Then we kill him." Bellamy makes eye contact with me from the other side of Jasper and I give him a sad look back. I've never seen Jasper this sad. A sudden gunshot is heard down the hall causing me to jump. I quickly follow Bellamy down the hall with my rifle raised. When we round the corner I see mrs. Ryan on the floor with a bullet hole in her forehead.

"Mrs. Ryan." I say looking at Bellamy. He nods.

"She was holding the last twelve."

"Where'd they take them?" Jasper asks causing mya to turn around. I keep mya rifle raised and look around the hallway. They have to have taken them to level five. That's the only place they could survive.

"Gotta be level 5." Mya confirms what I was thinking. Out of the corner of my eye i see Jasper try and push past bell causing him to put a firm hand on his shoulder.

"No." Bellamy says with authority. Jasper shakes his head.

"Get out of my way." I want to save Everyone as much as Jasper but this is going to get him killed.

"Everyone is on level 5 right now Jasper. You won't get five feet into the level before they drop led rain." I say turning towards them fully.

"Jaspers right after the lock down it will be almost impossible to get them out of there." Mya looks at me. "It's now or never."

"Alright." Bellamy nods. Suddenly I hear the door beside us creak faintly and I walk over with my rifle raised to check it out. I quickly lower it when I see who it is.

"Monty!" I shout, rushing forward to give him a hug. He wraps his arms around me and I can feel them shake.

"They know about the grounders. It's on a soldiers walkie." His voice shakes as much as his arms do. Slowly I let go of him and put my hands on his shoulders. "They're going for the harvest chamber."

"If they take it we lose everyone." Bellamy says from behind my back. I look over my shoulder at him. Bellamy takes off in a sprint to the harvest chamber and I follow behind him. As I'm running I throw my hair up in a ponytail and prepare for a fight.

I skid to a stop at the door and wait for Bellamy to bust it open. Nothing could've surprised me more then what I saw when the door was finally busted open. Myas dad lying dead on the floor, a bullet hole through his forehead. Mya rushes forward and releases an agonizing cry. It was at this moment I realized it wasn't just skaikru that suffered from this, it's kids, innocent people, people who have nothing to do with this.
————————————————————————
"Bellamy hurry with the door." I say impatiently as I wait for him to open the door to the tunnels.

"Babe I'm going as fast as I can." He smiles at me then turns back to the door. The door pushes open and I release a breath.

The first voice I hear makes me want to cry.

"Bellamy!" She shouts causing Bell to smile and laugh. He purposely blocks me from her view and starts to speak.

"Octavia I'm gonna move out of the way." He says. I can hear the smile in his voice. " don't be pissed at her okay?"

Octavia mumbles a confused okay and Bellamy steps out of the way revealing an Octavia dressed in grounder clothes. She drops her sword and I catch a glimpse of my sword on her back. You could tell it hadn't been unsheathed since the day she got it.

" I...I'm... o." I stutter out but instead of letting me compose myself Octavia throws her arms around me as she cries. She pulls back and suddenly punches me across the face.

"You didn't even say goodbye." Octavia yells. "You knew what she was going to do to you."

"I'm sorry o" I say sadly. "But if I would've said goodbye you would've tried to stop me."

Octavia latches onto me again and I see Clarke over her shoulder staring at me In shock. She shakes her head and begins to speak to me.

"Clarke I'm gonna do something really stupid." She asks mocking me. "That was your goodbye?"

I look down at my hands. "What i did was dumb I'm really sorry you guys but I did it to protect someone we all loved and I don't regret that."

Clarke comes forward and gives me a hug. "Murphy was crushed."

My head whips up at her choice in words. "Was?"

"He and jaha left to find the city of light." Clarke explains to me. "No one knows if they're alive."

"No, no he has to be." I shake my head. "If there's one thing John is good at it's staying alive." I feel a single tear run down my cheek at the thought of my brother being dead. Octavia comes up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"A warrior only mourns after the battle is won." She says causing me to wipe my tear. "We need you right now Claire don't lose focus." I nod my head.
————————————————————————