More dead friends

"We done here?" Montys mom asks as she walks back to the rest of the group Octavia and I are stalking. A short blonde haired man answers.

"Ten meter draw and then I'm good." He skewed the cap on a bottle. I use this time to look at the surroundings and that's when I notice a grounder kid no older then twelve walk out of the tree line. I curse under my breathe and signal to o across the water to him. Her brown orbs connect with mine over the fallen tree she's hiding behind and we share a look of worry. We watch as the blondes eyes shift to the kid and I sigh. Slowly I unsheathed my sword and bring it in front of me. This group has no intention of letting this kid go.

Carefully I watch as the blonde raises his rifle to the kid causing him to run off in a sprint. Quickly I launch out of my hiding spot and follow after the kid. My ears ring as the shot echos around the woods. They really tried to kill a kid. I take a short pause to survey my surroundings, that's when I see Octavia pressed against a tree base with the kid in her arms in the distance. I watch as the group quietly walks away and when her eyes meet mine I give her a short nod. She releases the kid and he runs for the hills.

As I get closer to her I hear her speaking to Kane on her ear piece.

"Whatever it is they were willing to kill a kid to keep it quiet." Octavia gives a deep sigh. I never here Kane responds but I know it was probably encouraging. Slowly I follow Octavia out of the woods. No words are spoken between us. Today had weighed heavy on everyone. Pike was willing to kill to keep his plan secret and if that didn't scare someone I don't know what will. Finally as we continue our walk home the meeting starts and I put in my ear piece to listen too.

"Okay let's get this meeting started, welcome farm stations own Monty green and factory girl Zoe Monroe." I give Octavia a look. This really can not be good whatever he is up to. "As we begin our next crucial phase in expansion and salvation and this," he clearly is holding something up that neither Octavia or I can see. "Will lead the way."

"Dirt?"

"Soil. Fertile arable soil." He's planning on planting. "Vastly more rich than we've found since landing well clear the trees and plant within the month."

"We start with soybeans and corn. They grow the fastest." Montys mom says proudly. It puts a scowl on my face.

"What's wrong Monty don't like corn?" An unknown voice asks.

"I've never had corn, actually." He says with an angry tone. "Is this where we're going?" I assume Monty points to a map.

"That's right."

"There's a village here." My head snaps to Octavia. The grounders would never willingly give up there land to us. "What about the people who live there?"

"That's sector four." I hear Bellamys voice for the first time since the meeting started. "The people who live there are not a threat."

"We need that land!" Pike states. "With the loss of mount weathers resources, Arcadia will be starving in less than a year."

The room is silent for a few seconds until Bellamy speaks. "With all due respect sir you still haven't answered montys question."

"You know the answer." Pike remarks "every field must be cleared of stones before it's tilled."

"We were spotted by a child. So they'll be expecting us. But they lost they're fighters when we took out the army." I tighten my grip on my sword. They talk about it so easily as if they didn't commit genocide. "We don't expect resistance."

"They're grounders." Monty speaks up. "They'll resist."

"Even if they don't the commanders message was clear. Blood must not have blood. That doesn't mean we can start taking-" Bellamy fights.