Her name was costia

Voices are heard all around us as we stand in the middle of polis. One of us was going to die today. And it wasn't going to be me. The crowd cheers when roan pulls his sword from the sheath, a almost scream like noise coming from it.

The wind blows my hair around like it would tall grass in a field. I had not had my hair braided since Augustus. I never found out where he learned to braid but I could tell it also came in useful for his shoulder length brown hair.

A smile graced my face when I see Clarke rush to the front of the crowd. I give her a slight nod of the head and she returns it. A silent communication between us. With a slight sigh I turn to the guardsmen holding my sheathed sword.

I place my hand on the sword handle and a surge of power runs through me. I am one with the sword, just like Augustus taught me. I pull the sword from the sheath and I watch the light glint off of the metal. Augustus told me once that everytime a sword reflected the light it was a warrior visiting from the heavens. As to who this warrior is I hope it's not Augustus.

Roan slowly starts to circle me like a cat stalking its prey. With a man as big and strong as him, I can't overpower him so I have to outsmart him. I have to tire him out. He swings with force every time so after a while he'll get tired.

I allow him to swing at me but I quickly dodge it by turning to the side. As I turn I bring my sword to his back and slice it open. Not a deep cut but enough to make him bleed. This new pain sends him into a bent over position. I lower my guard and he swings his fist into my jaw sending me to the ground.

The crowd gasps. If I die so does the coalition. I take a big deep breath. Before I can even attempt to get up roan steps on my wrist. I drop my sword with a groan escaping my lips. He smartly kicks away my sword so I can't reach it. I look up at Roans scarred face above me. He reminds me a lot of Augustus. There facial features are really similar. Except Augustus always has a smile to him. A light energy.

Roan brings his sword above him and I prepare myself. Not to die but to dodge it. He swings down and i turn my head last second. I roll away. I pop quickly back up and run to the nearest guards men. With a swing to his jaw I send him to the ground and grab his spear. I point it at roan and throw the spear. Just as I hoped he ducks and the spear sends itself right through the belly of the queen. She lays impaled into her chair.

"The queen is dead." I look at roan and bow. "Long live the king." Everyone gives me a shocked expression and all sound is gone. Everyone is to shocked to move. The queen had died, leaving roan as their king.
————————————————————————
A quiet knock at my door makes me turn from the cold window in the room. I make my way, gracefully, to the door and open it. Standing on the outside is the commander. I signal for her to come in.

"Welcome commander." I smile at her. I'm glad that after what I did she found it fit to forgive me. No matter what anyone says the commander is truly a great person.

"I hope you see your quarters fit." She says turning to me as she sits on the couch in the room.

"Very much so commander." I nod and look around the cozy room. It's much bigger than rooms I've stayed in before. "The nightblida, that was with Nia, what shall happen to her?"

"Well Ontari won't be back until the conclave after my death." I nod in understanding and sit down on the couch next to her. "You saved your people today and mine."

"I just did what needed to be done." I nod at her once again. She stands up and walks over to the window for a view of the city.

"Tomorrow morning Clarke and I shall ride with you back to Arkadia." She turns back to me. "Azgeda will not be happy with you."

With a grace as if she's floating the commander walks back over to the door and opens it. I get up and fall after to show her out.

"You remind of someone." Lexa smiles as she stands out in the hallway. Her smile shows she's thinking of a fond memory. "Her name was costia. She was a lot like you, Claire."

She smiles and then walks away leaving me to my own thoughts.
————————————————————————
My hands grip the leather reigns attached to the horse as I ride. I'm fighting extremely hard not to go fast. On my right side is the commander and on her right side is Clarke.

"Thinking about home?" Lexa asks Clarke. Clarke looks up from the ground and turns her head towards Lexa slightly.

"I'm thinking about whether Arcadia is home or not." Clarke says looking thoughtful. This would be the first time Clarke has returned to arkadia since she left after mount weather.

"You two left hero's to your people so you return hero's." Lexa turns to me. "The slayer returns with the body of the ice queen."

I give a polite smile and turn my head towards Clarke. "Clarke, home isn't with the place. It's the people. You'll always be home with me."

"Thank you Claire." Clarke smiles at me. Suddenly the caravan is stopped by a man yelling for heda.

The sudden noise makes my horse buck. Once she calms down I stare at the horror in front of me. The three hundred soldiers sent to protect our people are slaughtered. I quickly jump down from my horse and start to look for survivors.

Blood squelches under my feet as I step around the hundred of bodies. All with bullet wounds. This was my people. This was skaikru.

"Heda come quick." The sound of guards calling for the commander draws my attention. I run to the scene. On the hard ground I see Indra whose alive but not well. I grab her arm and look down at her. I give her a reassuring smile and then look at heda. Clarke comes up to indras wounds but she pushes her off.

"Stay away you're one of them." Indra says grimly.

"How did this happen Indra?" I ask pushing back the hood of my cloak.

"They attacked while we were sleeping. They took out our archers and our infantry couldn't get close. They executed the wounded."

"How could Kane do this?" I ask in shock.

"It wasn't Kane." Indra looks me dead in the eyes. I almost shiver. "It was pike."

"I'll get that son of a bitch Indra, i will." I jump away from Indra and make my way towards my horse.

"Wait!" Indra shouts to me. I stop and turn to her. "Bellamy let me live so I could deliver a message. Skaikru rejects the coalition."

I resist the urge to scream and let it all out and I hop on my horse. As soon as I hop on the horse archers raise their bows at me. I put my hands on the back of my head and look at the commander.

"Heda we want the same thing. I want pike to suffer for what he caused here. Let me make him suffer." Lexa looks thoughtful for a second but she waves down her archers and they lower their weapons. I pass through the archers and rush towards arkadia.
————————————————————————
The wind blows my cloak behind me as I ride fast though the empty field in front of arkadia. Pike needs to pay for killing those people. He's nothing but a coward. As I stop in front of the gate the guards raise their guns at me. I pull back my hood and reveal myself. The guards still don't open the gate.

"It's Claire! open the gate" I yell at the guards after a few moments of waiting I see Miller climb one of the guard towers and open the gate to let me in. "I love you miller."

"You too Claire." I trot my horse the rest of the way in and I stop in front of Kane and Abby. I hop off and grab onto the horses reigns. I look at Kane and I see regret in his eyes before I even speak. Before I can say a word Kane pulls me into a hug and I Gladly return it.

I pull back and look at Abby. She smiles at me. "Claire, before you go further. Someone's here and they might wanna see you."

I give her a confused look and she nods the the garden where a big man is leaned over the big green bushes. The man looks familiar.

The mans shoulder length hair flows in the wind as he works. He pulls a tomatoe from the bush and sits it in a basket beside him. His head turns to the side to wipe sweat off his forehead causing me to fall to my knees. I choke out a sob.