4.

Emerald POV

When the driver pulled up to Brian's house. I was so excited. We were finally about to take that next step. But it threw me off when we got out the car and I saw a middle-aged woman standing there. She looked like Brian's mom. She was really pretty though.

I got my answer when Brian spoke up. "Mom, what's going on?" he asked. She started crying. "Your dad honey. He's in the hospital, he was shot" she said. Brian's face dropped. I felt so bad. "I'll meet you at the hospital mom" he said.

"Okay" she said and got in her car and drove off. We walked over to his range rover and got in. He sped to the hospital. When we got there the lady at the front desk was on the phone, getting on my damn nerves.

"Excuse me, can you tell us where his dad is" I asked. She was still on the phone, and she even held up a finger to me. I reached over and hung up the phone and snatched her up. "EXCUSE ME, my boyfriend needs to know where his dad is!" I yelled. Brian told her his father's name. "Room 305" she said looking scared. Yea bitch.

We went upstairs to his dad's room. When we got there it was four people in the room. His mom, a woman, and two other men. The all kinda looked at me funny. "Hey, how is he?" Brian asked. "He's ok. He came out of surgery well" the doctor said making an entrance. "He should be awake any minute now" she said.

Just then his father woke up. "Hey dad, what happened?" Brian asked. "I got shot. I was in the parking lot, going to my car and somebody just came up and shot me. But i'm ok now. Who is this?" his dad said looking at me. "Oh I'm sorry. Everyone this is my girlfriend, Emerald. Emerald this is my mom, Brenda, my sister Ashley, my brother Daniel, and my sister's husband Michael" he said.

I smiled at everyone and said hello. They were all nice except his mom. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes. I brushed it off. We stayed there a few more hours, and then we decided to leave. On the way back home, I was kinda upset, and happy at the same time. Brian called me his girlfriend, but his mom doesn't accept me.

"Look I'm sorry about my mom. She doesn't like anyone I date. She wanted me to be with this girl named Tiffany, but she cheated on me a while back" he said. "It's ok babe" I said. "Look, I meant to tell you. We're having a barbecue in a couple of days, you wanna come?" he asked. "I would love to" I said.

That night, me & Brian didn't have sex, but it's ok. We can wait.

It was finally the day of the barbecue and I was nervous and excited at the same time. I got up and did my hygiene routine. I put on a white halter neck maxi dress, with some cute sandals. I put on my bathing suit under just in case I decide to go swimming. I kept my hair in its natural curly state. I even added a flower. I went all natural, and just put on some simple lip gloss.

Brian called me and told me he was here. I heard the doorbell ring and I wen't downstairs to open the door.

When I opened it, I was greeted with his beautiful smile, and some gorgeous flowers. It was so nice, I swear it's the little things that count.

He hugged me and I took that time to take in his scent. He always smelled so good. He grabbed my ass, he was obsessed with it. I smiled and kissed him.

I pulled away and went to put the flowers in a vase and some water. When I came back, I grabbed my purse and walked outside. Brian opened the door for me and I got in before saying thank you.

He smiled and nodded. On the way there, his hand rested on my thigh. He did it to comfort me but it was turning me on and every time we went over a speed bump or something, his hand would move closer to my awaiting treasure.