9.

Emerald POV

5 months later ...

Everything in my life is going great! My due date is arriving. My love life is even better. Christian and I opened our stored and business is booming. We moved in together about a month ago and it's going great. He told me wanted to be with me at all times, considering the fact that I was about to have my baby.

I had my baby shower. It was really nice. I invited granny, and her man. Yes, I said her man. Her and Deacon James made it official. Brian's family was so nice, even his mom. She wanted us to be together but I told her it wasn't happening. Brian was there, but Samantha didn't come.

I got a lot of gifts and I was so happy to actually feel like I have a real family. Even some of Christian's family came. Brian and Christian met each other. Brian was upset by it, but I could really care less. He really had no say-so considering the fact that him and Sam were STILL together. I'm so glad I made the decision to move on with my life.

Right now, I was in my boutique. I hired someone else run it while I'm not there. I was in the front, folding up some shirts when I felt my water break. I screamed. The girl who runs the store, her name was Yulissa, ran to the front. "What's wrong?!" she yelled. "Call Christian, my water just broke" I yelled. 10 minutes later, Christian came and rushed me to the hospital.

8 hours of labor later...

Carter Ryan Taylor was born. He weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces. Everybody came to the hospital. Brian, his parents, his siblings. Also my granny, and also Christian's mom. She was very supportive and loved me like a daughter.

The nurse came into the room. "Okay, she has to get some rest everyone. So sorry, but you gotta go" the nurse said. Everyone said their goodbyes and left.

It was just me, Brian, and Christian. It was an awkward silence. "Thank God we finished painting the nursery already" Christian said, smiling. "I know" I said. "We?" Brian interrupted. "Yes we. We moved in together a month ago" I said. "And why wasn't I informed about this?" Brian asked.

"Babe, I'll step outside, and let you handle this" he said. I nodded as he kissed me and walked outside. He was so respectful, and always thought about my feelings, and I loved that about him.

"What's the problem Brian?" I asked. "How can you be living with him, you just had my baby" he said. "Brian, he's my boyfriend" I said. "So what" he said. "You have a fiancé for one. And two, what me and you had is over" I said. "So what are we then?" he asked. "We're co-parenting" I said.

Just then Carter started crying. I went over and picked him up. I was already so in love with him. He's my pride and joy. I started rocking him. "What's wrong baby? You hungry?" I said. I was about to breastfeed. "Can you excuse me" I said to Brian. "Nothing I haven't seen already" he said with a smart attitude and I just rolled my eyes.

I started breastfeeding. Carter did not seem to like it, so I asked Brian to get the formula and make him a bottle. He did, and I fed it to him. He seemed to like that better anyways.

"So let's talk about these arrangements" he said. "What arrangements" I said. "Me seeing my son" he said. "Brian there's no arrangements. You can see him whenever you want" I said. "Okay" he said.

It's been two months since Carter was born and it's been good. Surprisingly. I know having a newborn is a lot of work but Christian and Brian have been helping me out. Sometimes, Brian will sleep in a guest room, and stay up with Carter or make him a bottle when he's hungry.

He's been really supportive, and I really appreciate it. He's a good dad. Right now, I was out shopping with Carter. I was in the Gucci store, looking for a gift to get Christian. Our one year anniversary was up.

I can't believe, it's almost been a year. I was looking around and spotted Christian. What the hell was he doing here? I was about to walk up to him but I seen a girl walk up to him. She was light skinned, with curly hair.

She grabbed his arm and was pointing at a suit. I walked up as she turned and kissed him. Oh hell no! They both turned to me. "Hey it's funny seeing you here" I said. He looked shocked.

"Excuse me, who are you?" the girl asked. "I'm his girlfriend" I said. "How is that so when I'm his girlfriend?" she asked. "That's what I'm trying to figure out" I said. Christian just stood there. "So you have nothing to say?" she asked.

"You know what, you can keep him. Get your shit out of my house" I said and left. I couldn't believe it. When I got home, I put Carter to sleep. I went downstairs and poured me a glass of wine. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

Just then someone knocked on the door. I got up and answered it. It was Brian. I let him in and sat back on the couch. "Carter is in his crib. I just put him to sleep" I said and Brian nodded. He went upstairs.

Ten minutes later he came back down and sat next to me on the couch. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing" I replied. "I know you. I know when something is wrong" he said. "It's nothing" I said. Brian sucked his teeth and stood up.

He pulled me up with him. "Brian what are you doing?" I said. He just pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back after a while and started to cry. He hugged me tighter. "It's going to be ok" he said.

We finally pulled away from the hug after about five minutes. "You look like you needed a hug" he said. "Thank you, I did" I said. "I told you, I'm going to always be here for you" he said. I nodded my head.

Just then Christian walked in. "What the hell is going in here?"

A/N: Short Chapter I know! But i just wanna say thank you all for all the views, comments, votes! I love you all! Thank you. It's mean so much!

Xoxo -Emerald 💕