12.

Emerald POV

I walked around this unfamiliar place. There were flowers and statues.

I looked down at my attire. I was wearing white gown while being barefooted.

I came across a bench and I sat down.

"Hey babygirl" a voice too familiar said.

I looked over and sure enough, it was my daddy.

I started to cry as I reached over and hugged him.

"I missed you so much daddy!" I cried. He rubbed my back. "I know babygirl. I know" he said.

"Where's mommy?" I asked as I pulled away and wiped my tears.

He pointed past me. I turned around and started to cry.

"Hey baby" my mom said. I got up and walked over to her. "Hi mommy" I said as I cried in her arms.

I missed my parents so much.

We walked over and sat down on the bench with daddy.

"Mommy did I die?" I asked.

"You did baby" she replied.

I started to cry.

"But you have a choice to go back" Daddy said.

"So what are you gonna do baby girl?" Mommy asked.

I looked at them both as I made my decision.

Brian POV

I know I fucked up bad. How could she try to kill herself? She's the love of my life. I don't know what I'd do without her. What would Carter do without her?

I pray to God she wakes up. Please God, please.

Emerald POV

"I'm going back. I can't leave my baby. I'm so stupid. How could I even try to leave him? I love him so much" I cried.

"I know baby. I've seen my grand-baby. He's so cute. I wish I could be there with you guys. But just promise me you'll never come here again until it's your time"

I hugged them both. "I promise Mommy. I'll always love you" I said.

I followed the white light.

I woke up to my granny, Brian, his mom, and his sister.

They looked like they were in deep thought. "Hi" I said weakly.

They all jumped.

Brian looked over at me. "I'll go get the doctor" he said and ran out.

My granny came up to me. "Thank God you're awake baby" she said.

Brian walked in with the doctor. "Hello Emerald" the doctor said. "Hi" I said.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. "I'm feeling ok" I said.

"That was a close one. You could of died" he said. "I know" I said. "So is that a regular for you?" he asked. "No sir. It won't happen again" I said. "That's good. I don't want to see you back here" he said while smiling and left.

When he left, silence filled the room. Brian's sister, Ashley, spoke up first. "I'm so glad you're awake! We were really worried about you. Please don't scare us again" she said as she walked over to me and hugged me.

"I promise it won't happen again" I said. She nodded her head. "Well I have to go. I'll come and visit you tomorrow" she said and I nodded.

Brian's mom was next. "Good to see you awake. I'll be outside if you need me honey" she said as she hugged me and smiled. She then left out the room.

I looked over at my granny. She smiled. "Please don't scare me like that again child" she said as she hugged me. "I won't granny. I'm sorry" I said. She nodded.

"I'll leave you two alone to talk" Granny said. I wanted to yell and scream no, but I didn't want to act like a little kid. I had to face him one day.

When the door shut, there was an akward silence.

"Where's Carter?" I asked, breaking it.

"He's with my dad" Brian said.

"Okay" I said.

"So are we going to talk about this?" Brian said.

"I didn't mean to scare everyone. I didn't know what I was thinking. I just wanted all the pain to go away" I said while breaking down crying.

"I would never want to leave Carter" I said through sobs.

"I know" he said.

"How could you Brian?" I asked as I stopped sobbing.

"How could you lie to me? How could you lie to our son? You had me thinking we could finally be a family, but no" I said.

"I'm sorry" he started to say but I cut him off.

"That's all you ever do! Apologize and go back and do the same shit! I'm tired of this! You know what, maybe we're not meant to be. We can go back to co-parenting" I said.

He tried to reason with me. "Please baby don't say that. We are meant to be" he said.

"Then why are you still with her Brian? Are you that ashamed of me?" I said.

He came over to the bed and sat down. "No baby, I'm not. I love you" he said.

I started laughing hysterically. Brian looked shocked.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked.

"Because y-you said" I couldn't stop laughing.

I finally stopped laughing after five minutes.

"Because you said you love me" I finally said.

"How is that funny? I do love you" he said.

"You can't possibly love me. You have lied to me, and our son. You moved us into your house, thinking we could be a family, when you're ashamed of us-"

Brian tried to interject. "I do love-" he tried to say.

"LET ME FINISH!" I yelled. He looked shocked.

"I'm so stupid for thinking that you'd change. Brian I'm not dealing with this anymore. We can raise our son, but we will not be together, at all" I said.

He looked down.

"I understand" he said.

He grabbed his stuff off the chair. "I guess I'll be going. Carter is tired. I'm going to take him home" he said.

He walked to the door and stopped. He turned around. "I do love you Emerald" he said and left.

I turned on my side and cried myself to sleep. I was so hurt. I'm through with men. From now on, it's going to be me and Carter.

He's all I need.