8.

Emerald POV

I was about to answer but a noise distracted me. It sounded like an alarm. It was my alarm clock. Fuck, this was just a dream. It was all a dream.

I opened my eyes and sat up. I can't believe I had a dream about Brian proposing to me. If he really was, I don't know what I'd say honestly.

I pulled the cover off me and rushed to the bathroom. I emptied my stomach of all the contents I had the previous day.

I was in my second month of pregnancy and was going through all the symptoms. I had morning sickness almost every morning, back pains, and I was having cravings for everything.

After I finished, I got up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I got in the shower and washed my hair.

20 minutes later, I was in my closet, trying to figure out what to wear. I decided to go with a white v-neck, some light blue distressed jeans, a light pink blazer, and my Aldo Cadramazzo Heels. I put my hair in a stylish bun, and left some hairs hanging out. I went all natural as usual, and just added some lip gloss. I sprayed perfume on me and was out of the door.

I hopped in my brand new white Mercedes Benz C-Class, and was on my way to see my granny.

When I got to my granny's house, I saw a familiar car there. I got out, and walked up to the door and ringed the doorbell. My granny answered. She was looking good as ever.

"Hey granny" I said while giving her a hug and kissing her cheek. "Hey baby" she said hugging me back and letting me in. "Where you going, looking all cute?" I asked. "Granny's got a date, with Deacon James" she said.

"What?" I asked shocked. "Yes baby, granny gets lonely. I'll never forget your granddaddy, and he would want me to be happy with someone" she said. "I know granny" I said. "Come, I got somebody I want you to see" she said as she led me to the living room.

It was Brian. He looked so sexy, I haven't seen him since my last doctor's appointment, and that was two weeks ago. He claims he's working on cutting things off with Samantha but he still hasn't broken up with her. The last time we seen each other, we had a big argument about it. I told him I was done with all of this and I'd be raising my baby on my own. He tried calling multiple times but I just ignored his calls and texts. He even stopped by but I acted like I wasn't there.

And here he is , looking finer than I remembered. Maybe it was just my hormones, I don't know. "Well I'll just leave you guys alone to talk" granny said as she walked out.

I stood there just holding my purse. He got up and walked over to me slowly. "Hi" he said. "Hi" I said. "You look beautiful" he said. "Thank you" I said. "How are you feeling?" he asked. "I'm ok, besides the symptoms" I said.

"Come, sit" he said as he grabbed my hand, and led me to the couch. I sat down and so did he. "Look, I just want to apo-" he started to say but I cut him off. "Brian, I don't care anymore. I'm over all of this. I don't need all this stress, my baby doesn't need it" I said.

"Your baby? You mean our baby?" he said. "Yes my baby. I rather raise my baby on my own than him or her having a father that doesn't care" I said. "How could you say that, you know I love you and the baby!" he yelled. "Brian, I don't wanna argue, I'm just done. I can't do this anymore" I said as I started to get up.

"Granny, I'm leaving!" I yelled as I gathered my stuff. I was crying already. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. I broke down crying. "I'm sorry. I keep hurting you, I'm sorry baby. I love you so much" he said. I couldn't talk, all I could do was cry.

He sat down on the couch and pulled me on his lap. He hugged me tighter and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry" he said over and over again.

"Baby, I love you please give me another chance" he said. I shook my head no. I can't go through this anymore. I got up off of his lap. "I have to go" I whispered.

"Granny I'll call you, I love you" I yelled. I got in my car and sped off. I was truly tired of all this stress. It seems like every since I met Brian, my life has been either really good, or terrible. He keeps stringing me and my feelings along, and I'm tired of it.

I mean, why is he still with Samantha? He claims he doesn't love her, and he loves me. I'm pregnant with his baby. I was supposed to be the one with the engagement ring, we were supposed to be planning our life together.

The best thing for me to do now is get over Brian. He can be in my child's life, but not my love life. From this day forward, I've made it a point to get over Brian, completely.

It's been a two months, since what happened at granny's, and honestly, I'm happy. I went to the doctor and found out I was having a boy! I was too excited. I also met somebody.

His name was Christian. He was fine as hell. He was light-skinned, had tattoos, and he had colored eyes. He owned some clubs out here. I met him at a business meeting.

He was looking to make some investments, and put his money into something new, and different. He wanted to become my business partner, and wanted to have his line of clothing mixed with mine. I agreed and now we're planning on our grand opening.

We've been seeing each other for a month and a half. I'm surprised he wants to still date me, with me being pregnant and all. But he said, he didn't care. He knew about Brian and everything, and he said he'd be happy to take my mind off him and help me get over him.

I wasn't showing that much, even though I was four months. The morning sickness had stopped, but I still back pains.

Tonight Christian was coming over for a movie night. I set up everything in the living room. I had the popcorn, the drinks, and other snacks. I had just turned on Netflix, when the doorbell rung.

I opened the door and Christian stood there looking stunningly handsome even though he only had on a wife beater and some basketball shorts. He gave me a hug and a kiss. He smelled so damn good.

"Hey ma, you look beautiful" he said. "Hey, and thank you" I said. I only had on some shorts, and a t-shirt, but the compliment was nice. We went and sat on the couch after I turned off the lights.

I was cuddled up to Christian and he had his arm around me. It felt so right, being in his arms. We were watching Love & Basketball. A classic. "Hey ma, I was thinking. I know you just went through a heart break and everything, and it's hard for you to trust right now, but I've been thinking, I want to make this official" he said. "Christian, what are you saying?" I asked as I turned in looked at him. "Baby I'm saying, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. I smiled really wide. Christian made me happy, and he was consistent and always considered my feelings. He made me really happy. "Yes Christian, I will be your girlfriend" I said. "Good, I'm glad you said yes. I was nervous as hell" he said as he laughed. I laughed as well. "Now give ya man a kiss" he said. I leaned as kissed him. I pulled away from the kiss and smiled.

I was finally happy, thanks to Christian, my man.