Family Dinner

Enjoy!

Its been a few days since Kari played her dirty trick on Terra and Tai. In a favor Tai's mom invited Terra over for dinner. Terra was currently in her room finding an outfit to wear, her mother was currently in the room with her lecturing her.

"Honestly dear, I have no idea why you would want to spend time with a guy that already broken your heart before"

"Its called second chances mom"

"But why him, of all people"

"Because he treats me like any normal human being"

"Really like any normal being? He hurts you just the same. I feel like you are punishing me and your father"

Terra rolled her eyes as she look at her reflection with hair down and a red strapless dress.

"Okay mom, I'm ready and I will be riding with Tai and the guards will follow behind us okay"

"All I ask for you is to be careful"

"I will mom"

Terra said kissing her mother on the cheek before leaving out of her room and headed downstairs. In no time, Tai drove drove them to their apartment home with guards following behind them in another car. As soon as they pulled up Terra started to get really nervous.

"Okay I gotta be honest I'm nervous now and its not because I'm having dinner with your parents but because of Kari"

"I'm actually just as nervous as you are. At least we're on the same page"

Tai said with a chuckle, locking the car and walking towards the apartment room. When they got to the door, Tai squeezed Terra's hand tight and knocked on the door. Tai's mother answered the door.

"I'm glad you could make it, Terra, long time no see."

Tai's father acknowledged.

"Same to you, Mr and Mrs. Kamiya. Thank you for the invite."

Terra said.

"Don't mention it. Its almost like you're also part of the family"

Mr. Kamiya said and moved so they could walk in.

"Is Kari here?"

Tai asked.

"Yes and don't worry I talked to her and she said she will be on her best behavior."

Ms. Kamiya said and lead the way. The guards were outside the door standing guard. Tai was fidgeting, which didn't make Terra feel any better.

"Geez thanks for the motivation babe"

Terra whispered to Tai who simply chuckled. The moment they walked through the doors to the living room, Kari's eyes went to Terra. Tai squeezed Terra's hand tighter. Terra forced herself to look at Kari and smile. She hadn't seen her the last couple of days because Kari has been avoiding the house when Terra is around. The moment she looked at Kari, she wished she hadn't, Kari was fuming.

"Hi, Kari how did your day go?."

Tai said, smiling and hugged his sister.

"It was good until now."

Kari said with a fake smile.

"Please don't start, let's just have a normal family dinner."

"She's not even family so there is nothing normal about it. You just want to get laid that's all"

Tai said nothing as he bite his tongue to keep from saying anything and smiled. Mr. Kamiya frowned at Kari.

"Now young lady, watch how you use your words. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all"

Kari crossed her arm over her chest glaring at the coffee table. Tai then approached Terra.

"You okay?"

Tai asked.

"I have to be. Whatever I get, is what I deserve from her, right?."

Terra said.

"You don't deserve the hate Terra, she can plainly see how hard you're trying."

Tai said.

"But apparently not hard enough. I don't deserve to be in the same room as her, Tai. Its not even enough for her and I don't even know what I did wrong to start with but she hates me"

Terra stated.

"Stop."

Tai said.

"Just try to get along and if Kari says anything just don't say anything"

"No promises"

"Terra, I'm serious"

"Okay okay okay"

She said wrapping her arms around his neck giving him a loving kiss on the lips, in which he happily returned when he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Dinner is ready."

Mrs. Kamiya announced from the kicthen, causing the couple to separate too soon for Tai's taste. Everyone gathered at the table within seconds, Tai put Terra at the end so no one would be sitting next to her except for him. A huge feast was prepared; ham, mashed potatoes, baked macaroni and cheese, vegetables, apple pie, and fruitcake. After everyone made their plates, it got quiet. Everyone could tell the tension in the room was thick.

"T-this looks delicious"

Terra stated with a small smile. Mrs. Kamiya smiled.

"Thank you, I had to make something I know you would like so I asked Tai what your favorite food is"

"And as you can see she went all out"

Tai said with a soft chuckle.

"Oh and speaking about going all out. Here."

Terra said passing out an invitation.

"Oh what's this?"

Mrs. Kamiya asked.

"Its an invitation to my 18th birthday party for my family's ball, I heard they were going to make it extravagant this year"

"Oh honey this is really sweet of you but are you sure we can fit in with um I guess....royalty?"

"Hahaha that's why I wanted to ask you if you want to go shopping with me this weekend?"

"Of course I'll be sure to fit it into my schedule"

"Alright but please be sure you take the invitations with you"

"Why?"

"Because the guards will be checking it"

"Alright now then that's settled let's eat"

Mr. Kamiya said. Everyone agreed and happily began to eat all except Kari who was staring down at her plate angrily. Mrs. Kamiya notice and gently placed her hand on Kari's arm.

"Sweetheart are you okay?"

"No. Nothing about this is okay!"

She shouted as she stood up from her chair, causing all eyes to land on her.

A/N Rate and Comment