Gay Pride - Connor McKinley X Kevin Price

"Gay." Connor said to himself in the mirror.

"I am gay."

It still felt weird to say it out loud after all those years. There was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Connor, how long are you going to be in there? I have to shower before I go to work." Kevin's voice sounded through the door.

"I'll be right out!" Connor chimed, combing a hand through his hair before unlocking the door. He was met with a very tired and very unkempt Kevin Price.

"What were you doing in there?" Kevin grumbled as he slid off his shirt, turning the shower on.

"Nothing." Connor lingered in the doorway, watching his husband. "Y'know, just getting ready."

"Next time get ready after I get in the shower." Kevin huffed, giving Connor a kiss on the cheek before sliding into the shower.

"Mmhm, whatever, Kevin." Connor smiled and headed to the kitchen. He usually was the one to make breakfast, while Kevin was the one to make dinner. It always worked out since Kevin left early for work and Connor always got home late.

Just as he had finished making a second pancake, Kevin appeared in the kitchen, his hair still damp and clinging to his forehead from his shower. His tie was undone around his neck.

"Smells great." Kevin smiled as he grabbed his plate. Connor hummed, tying Kevin's tie as he ate.

"Do you know what today is?" Connor asked, smoothing out Kevin's tie. He looked nice all dressed up.

"Um, Friday?" Kevin said, scrunching up his face as he looked at Connor. There was no way he could've forgotten any dates, Connor's birthday was the month prior, their anniversary wasn't until December, and they hadn't had any plans for anyone to come over-

"It's gay pride day." Connor smiled.

"Oh, that's awesome, Connor!" Kevin grinned back, giving Connor a kiss.

Before he came home that night, Kevin stopped by a local shop to grab a couple of items.

By the time Connor got home, he had had everything set up. A lovely rainbow flag hung on the wall over their bed, streamers were strewn across the ceiling, Kevin was covered in multicolored glitter and wearing the striped boxer shorts he had bought.

Kevin made himself comfortable on the bed as he waited for Connor. After what felt like forever, he heard the front door open.

"Kev, I'm home." Connor called, but Kevin stayed silent, biting his lip to ensure he would make any noise.

"Kevin?" He heard Connor set down his bag and begin to walk through their apartment, checking rooms. Finally, he arrived at their bedroom.

The door flung open and Connor stood there, wide-eyed, as he beheld the sight that was Kevin Price.

"Happy gay pride day, sweetie-" Kevin purred, but he was soon cut off by Connor pressing their lips together.

"I love you, Kevin Price."