Bisexual Pride - Rich Goranski X Jake Dillinger

"Rich! Stop messing with that!" Jake scolded.

Rich looked up from oranges, "I wanted some."

"That's fine, but you don't need to touch every single one." Jake sighed, holding the bag open so Rich could place the oranges inside.

The two were in the marketplace on a warm Sunday evening. Jake had suggested it when Rich was pestering him.

Truthfully, Jake had never seen himself as a market person with a spouse. When he was a teenager, he had visioned his Sundays would be spent hungover on some random person's futon. However, he was not complaining. He loved Rich to bits and didn't mind where he was as long as he was with him.

Rich got his assortment of oranges and two continued through the market. Jake grabbed Rich's hand and laced their fingers together, Rich absentmindedly swung their hands as they walked.

They reached a booth filled with tons of berries and Rich stopped to examine them. Jake stood behind him, resting his head on top of Rich's as he waited for the boy to make a decision.

"Jesus, are you gonna take all day?" Jake mumbled into Rich's hair.

"Fuck off, I'm looking." Rich retorted, reaching forward to put raspberries into a bag. He then paid the teller.

"Dude, after this do you want to grab a beer?" Jake yawned. "As much as I like it here, it's, like, illegal for me not to be drunk by seven."

Rich laughed, "You liar, the last time you drank was at Chloe's house-warming party last week. You didn't even get drunk, it was just one beer."

"Fine, fine, you got me. I've become domestic." Jake sighed teasingly. "Next thing you know I'll be taking an office job, we'll have a white picket fence, and you'll be a soccer dad."

"Me? A soccer dad? What makes you qualified to be the bread-winner of this family?" Rich jabbed him with his elbow. "Why don't you take care of the kids?"

"Because I work all day, goddammit! I get home late and tired, how do you expect me to have the energy?" Jake teased.

"You're such an idiot." Rich leaned up and pressed a kiss to Jake's cheek.

    "Ah, but I'm your idiot." Jake chuckled.

   The two rounded a corner and-

    Ah shit, that was a girl Rich fucked in high school and had never called back.

     Dammit.

    Rich prayed she wouldn't see him.

   "Rich!" The girl squealed, running over to them.

    Dear lord, Rich couldn't even remember the girl's name.

    "How have you been?" The girl bubbled, blocking their way on the side walk.

    Angela?

    "I've been okay." Rich scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

    Alissa?

    "My life has been absolutely crazy since high school, you see I..."

    She didn't really cut off there, but Rich's mind cut her off. He was too busy wondering what her name was to listen to her story.

   Andrea?

    "-and then SHE told me-"

...Anna?

"Oh, silly me, you probably don't remember me!" The girl giggled nervously and fiddled with her purse. "I'm Danielle."

Oh.

"Well, it's really nice to see you again." Rich smiled, leaning on Jake slightly. He was surprised the boy had stayed silent this long.

"We should really grab some drinks sometime!" The girl pressed.

"Oh, yeah." Jake butted in, his usual casual tone lost. "My boyfriend and I would love to meet up for drinks with you. It'd be fun."

The girl seemed to turn a little pale, then fiddled with her purse more. "Oh, well, I better get going." She scurried off.

"You know you didn't have to scare her off." Rich snorted, leaning his head on Jake,

"I know."