Asexual Pride - Christine Canigula X Jeremy Heere

Christine had walked into drama that day wearing a purple and gray shirt with black pants. On both of her cheeks was the asexual flag and her nails were purple, gray, black, and white too.

She had flaunted up to Jeremy, showing him her nails as she giggled, "Guess what today is!"

"Uh, guessing by the everything you're wearing right now, asexual pride day?" Jeremy smiled playfully.

Christine nodded enthusiastically, throwing her arms around Jeremy and almost knocking the boy over, "Yep! Today's going to be awesome!"

Jeremy laughed with her, "It definitely will be."

After rehearsal, Jeremy treated her to dinner. As they sat in the restaurant, she smiled dumbly at him, just appreciating his presence.

She'd heard it all from every person, how are you going to find someone to date if you're not going to have sex with them? And what about your partner's needs?

Jake was nice, but he hadn't understood anything about her. He liked sex, he knew most women liked sex, so why didn't she? It had made her feel somewhat broken.

However, with Jeremy, she didn't feel pressured to do anything she didn't want to do. He just excepted her for who she was.

And she truly loved it.

"This is excellent." Christine grinned, shoving a fry in Jeremy's face. "Try some!"

Jeremy laughed, barely managing to catch the fry in his mouth, "It is delicious, you're right." He said in his high voice, wiping away the grease the fry had left on his face.

"I told you, I'm always right." She flashed him a smile, taking another bite of a fry. She reached across the table and took Jeremy's hand. The boy across from her nearly melted.

The bill came and the two went out walking, taking in the fresh summer air. They held hands as they walked, not needing to talk. Christine felt warmth and calmness in her chest. She could've walked a million miles as long as Jeremy was there next to her.

"You know, you're pretty cool." Christine admitted.

"Who? Me?" Jeremy faked surprised. "No, no, surely you have the wrong man-"

Christine giggled, "Oh I see, calling yourself a man now?"

"Ouch." Jeremy laughed along with her. "Fine, you caught me."

They stopped in front of a small bookshop that had already closed hours earlier. Christine simply stared at Jeremy, admiring him.

No, he wasn't beautiful by typical standards, but there was still beauty in him. His long, slender limbs and bony hands were soft, always gentle to the touch. The freckles on his face seemed to spell out constellations. Sometimes, when he was sleeping, Christine would take a pen to his face and play connect the dots. It was especially fun when he wouldn't notice when he woke up and went about his day.

Jeremy leaned down and pressed a kiss to Christine's lips, kissing her gently. She kissed back, her hands playing with his hair, which desperately needed a haircut. After a minute, they pulled back.

Jeremy smiled at her, "I love you."

"I love you too."