Polysexual Pride - Zoe Murphy X Evan Hansen

Zoe Murphy had been called "Straight" ever since she had started dating Evan, but that was definitely far from true.

    When she was a preteen, she had scoured the internet for what exactly she was. Some things didn't exactly seem to fit her. For a while she considered herself a Pansexual, in fact, but soon found that too broad. Then, she tried bisexual, but found that too specific.

    Then, one day during her usual internet searches, she stumbled upon a word that seemed the perfect fit.

    Polysexual.

    She could have a word for her attraction to males, non-binary people, and transgender females.

    That Monday had been a tiring, boring school day just like any other. Then, in fourth hour, Alana mentioned offhandedly to her that it was Polysexual Pride day.

Zoe had been thrilled.

She had spent forever wondering about her sexuality, and now it was being recognized.

At lunch, she practically tackled Evan when she went to hug him.

"Woah, what's up?" Evan asked her, scrunching up his face.

"It's Polysexual Pride day!" Zoe squealed, taking Evan's arm as they got into the lunch line.

"Oh hey, that's really cool!" Evan smiled at her. Zoe leaned up to Evan's ear.

    "Come over after school, okay?" With that, she scurried off.

    Evan blushed and glanced around the cafeteria, hoping no one had heard her.

    Evan arrived at Zoe's house right after school, just as she had told him, or, at least, as right after school as he could be; he had to walk everywhere. He was still too afraid to just let himself in, so he knocked on the door. Zoe answered a second later, her nails painted the color of the Polysexual flag.

    "That was oddly fast." Evan chuckled, gesturing towards her nails as he went inside.

    "I've mastered the technique of nail painting, I've been doing it for ten years." Zoe shut the door behind him.

    "That's cool." Evan lingered awkwardly. "What did you want to me to come over for?"

    "Can't I just want to see my boyfriend?" Zoe teased, throwing her arms around Evan.

    "O-Of course." Evan's breath hitched as he looked at her.

    "I love you, Evan." Zoe leaned up and pressed their lips together. Evan eagerly kissed back, pulling her closer.

    "It should be Polysexual pride day everyday if you're going to kiss me like that every time." Evan smiled as Zoe pulled away.

    "Shut up, you dork." Zoe shoved him lightly.

    "Make me." Evan said hesitantly, but it made Zoe's eyes sparkle.

    "Oh, I will."