Lesbian Pride - Alana Beck X Zoe Murphy

Alana rolled over in bed to find her wife still asleep.

She sighed, of course Zoe would still be asleep, it was six in the morning. Alana can't get Zoe up at seven to go to work. The only reason Alana herself was up was because her biological clock had finally adjusted to waking up early for her job.

Zoe mumbled and pressed back against Alana, who wrapped an arm around her.

It was a nice, quiet Saturday morning. Their upstairs neighbors weren't making a ruckus trying to get their kids ready for school, the usual loud mass of cars driving outside were few, and a cool breeze was drifting in through the open window. Alana happily sighed into Zoe's hair.

"Why are you up?" Zoe mumbled into the pillow. "It's, like, midnight."

    Alana snorted, "Maybe in your world, but in reality it's six."

    "Jesus, what are you doing then, watching the sun rise?" Zoe teased, rubbing her eyes. "Damn it, now I'm awake."

    "Who's watching the sun rise now?" Alana chuckled and sat up, stretching. "What if we went out for breakfast?"

    "Why? We have plenty of food in the fridge?" Zoe flipped her hair out of her face and sat up as well.

    "It'd be a nice treat, you know?" Alana shrugged, crawling out of bed.

    "Sure then, I guess."

    An hour later the two were dressed and eating at a nearby diner. Alana had ordered French toast with scrambled eggs and Zoe had gotten blueberry pancakes.

    "Why don't we eat here more often, their food is great!" Zoe shoveled forkfuls of pancake into her mouth. Alana laughed.

    "I don't know, it's only been a block away from us the entire time." She scooped the eggs up with her toast. "Maybe it'll be a weekly thing."

    "Definitely, these pancakes are to die for." Zoe smiled, skewering a piece with her fork. "What to try it?"

    "Definitely." Alana hummed. Zoe reached forward with her fork so Alana could eat the bit. "Mm, you're right, it's excellent."

    "Of course I'm right, have you ever met me?" Zoe giggled.

    "You know I love you, right?" Alana smiled gently.

    "I kinda figured that when we got married." Zoe said, but her tone was gentle. She reached her hand across the table to grab Alana's.

    "I know, it's just, every day with you is amazing. You make going to the diner an adventure. I'm just so lucky to have you as my wife." Alana brought Zoe's hand up to her lips and pressed a long kiss to her knuckles. Zoe's eyes softened.

    "I love you too, 'Lana." Zoe mumbled. There was silence for a minute. "Remember on our wedding day when Connor was supposed to bring my something old, my grandmothers locket, but he forgot it at home?"

    "Yes?" Alana chuckled quietly.

    "You drove an hour just to retrieve it for me." Zoe smiled. "I cried when you returned."

    "Anything for you, love." Alana leaned across the table and quickly pressed their lips together. She sat back, grinning widely.

    "Truly, I think we're both kickass wives." Zoe smirked.

    "Spot on." Alana agreed.