Demisexual Pride - Alana Beck X Connor Murphy

When Alana had first met Connor, she had felt the same feelings for him as she had for anyone else. She was excited for a potential new acquaintance and lab partner.

Then, she had stared spending more time with Connor and found out what a fascinating person he really was.

Connor wasn't like other people, he was very blunt with Alana, which she enjoyed, as she had never really been one to pick up on social cues. When she was rambling on, Connor would tell her. He made sure he got just as much word in as she.

Thus, for the first time in her life, Alana had truly learned about and became friends with a person. She got to hear about all the books Connor read, that his favorite book was Slaughter-House Five. She even took the time to read the book after he mentioned it and found Connor was a lot more intelligent than he let on.

She told Connor about her life, and he returned with stories of his life. In the end, the two found that they were more similar than they had thought possible.

That's when Alana started having strange feelings.

Never before had she felt like that about a person. It just wasn't something she had felt before. She had read about it, sure, but never really felt it.

So, she had decided to ask Connor out. She had always been a bit more daring than normal and figured that the only solution was to confront the problem head on, as she always did.

    That next day, she strutted up to Connor during lunch, gingerly tapping him on the shoulder.

    "Yeah?" Connor turned his head away from his BBQ pork sandwich to look up at Alana. "Oh, hey."

    "I was wondering if you would like to go out with me." Alana said bluntly, pushing her glasses up with trembling fingers. She cursed herself for it, normally she didn't show such a weakness.

    Connor shrugged, "Sure, sounds good." He turned back to his sandwich and took a big bite. Alana beamed, turning away and quickly heading to her student council meeting.

    The next time she saw Connor was after school, he met her in their usual meeting place, the flag pole just outside of the school.

     Alana bounced over to him, not really quite sure what to do but overjoyed to do whatever it was.

    Connor scratched at the back of his neck as Alana neared and gave her a crooked smile. Alana beamed back, stopping in front of him.

    "Did you really mean what you asked?" Connor asked quietly, eyes trained on the ground as he played with a pebble with his foot.

    "Of course I did, have I ever lead you to believe anything that wasn't true?" Alana teased, nudging Connor lightly with her elbow. Connor chuckled with her, letting out a sigh.

    "I suppose not." He admitted.

    "See, you got it." Alana scooted closer. Connor nodded and took a deep breath.

    "So, you wanna go out for some ice cream?"