35 | Muffins & Poker

"YOU TWO OKAY?" I asked, pulling down my shirt

Sebastian turned to me with a smile, white tape and gauze masking his injured arm. "I'm good."

Khan never stopped looking at Sebastian. "Me too."

Sebastian strolled over to me. "My arm feels a lot better."

"That's good," I said, turning to Khan. "Thank you."

"Yeah, man. Thanks a lot," Sebastian said, nodding.

"No problem," Khan said.

"You have a trash bag?" I asked Khan, looking down at the dirty clothes in my hands. "These clothes are done."

Khan nodded, going to a corner and grabbing an already semi-filled bag. "I threw mine away too."

Sebastian scratched his neck. "I'm going to go back to my room and shower. Seeing you two all clean got me jealous." He laughed, turning to me. "Do you want me to walk you back to your room?"

"I still need to redress her wounds," Khan said, going back to the recliner with the med-kit on the floor. "I'll make sure she gets back safely."

Sebastian looked reluctant to go at first, but then he gave me a smile. That perfect smile that I was starting to discover might be a defense mechanism for when something was bothering him. "Alright," he  said.

Going over to him, I hugged him, wrapping my arms around his waist. Sebastian was one of the first people to be nice to me here. He was my ally, and I think my friend. Plus, he was like me, which made me feel a little less alone.

So the hug was to thank him for sharing a piece of his soul with me earlier and to let him know that I was here for him. And that I understood that he had this wall up and that he didn't want to share his every little concern and emotion with me. But if he wanted to, I was here to listen.

"See you at breakfast tomorrow?" I asked, pulling back from the hug.

"Yeah. Definitely." His smile seemed real this time, but it faltered a bit when he looked at Khan.

I had no idea what was going on between the two guys. Call me clueless, but I didn't have much experience in the boy department. Jonathan was my only boyfriend, and we only dated for like two months before I got kidnapped and put here.

Tim was the only consistent male figure in my life, and we didn't talk much about our feelings or me dating. When I first brought Jonathan home after weeks of him pursuing me because I kept turning him down, Tim just guzzled a beer and placed a .44 magnum on the table before walking away, never saying a word.

Waving goodbye, I closed the door behind Sebastian and turned on my heels to face Khan who was eyeing me again with a blank face.

"You must be an excellent poker player," I said, walking over to him.