64 | Locked & Confused

"OH YEAH," Yaz said, tapping her fork on her plate

"OH YEAH," Yaz said, tapping her fork on her plate. "Wasn't Chi's clue the poison hotline number or something?"

"I think she admitted to killing her grandparents with poison," I said, trying to remember Tiran's voting session.

Rucker gulped down some food. "Move her ass to prime suspect."

"I agree," Yaz said, nibbling on a noodle.

"You don't even look fazed by it," Sebastian said, looking at Rucker. "You had sex with Chi, and you don't even look upset about making her a suspect?"

Rucker began cackling, a deep throaty noise. "You're one of those guys who cries after sex, aren't you, cotton candy?"

Sebastian tightened his lips. "I don't cry—"

"We fucked, that's it." Rucker shrugged. "I didn't promise her a ring, a white picket fence and two point five kids. All I promised was a mind-blowing orgasm and a good time. That's it. I don't get attached to pussy."

"That's so vulgar," Sebastian said, glaring at him.

"It's the truth, feather boy," he said. "I want to go the fuck home, and if I have to convict some girl I fucked to get there, I'll do it ten times over."

"Back on topic," Khan said, cutting off Sebastian before he could speak. "Chi's a suspect, but there's no proof. Just her past history. We need to keep digging."

"Did you find anything on the camera footage?" I asked Khan.

"I'm still analyzing her route," Khan said, rubbing his neck, "while trying to study where everyone was at the time of the murder. I could use another set of eyes."

I gave the plate to Sebastian and grabbed my iPad. "I'll track Layla's movements while you track everyone's whereabouts before and after the murder."

"What should the rest of us do?" Sebastian asked, gulping down a noodle.

"Some of you can help Khan with tracking down contestants before the murder and someone else can track what they're doing now," I said, tapping on the iPad screen. "The killer could be discussing it right now as we speak. You know how people love to talk. People's current conversations might be helpful."

"I'll do that," Yaz said, eating her last bite. "I love being nosy."

Rucker got to his feet, putting his dish on the stove. "I'll help Khan track people before the murder."

"Me too," Sebastian said.

"We got this, people," Rucker said, grabbing his iPad and sitting next to Khan on the floor.

"We only have like twenty hours left so let's get to it," Khan said, turning back to his multiple computer screens. "Remember to take notes."

It took only a few minutes for everyone to finish eating and get to work. Rucker, Sebastian, and Khan worked by the computers, surprisingly there were no arguments. I worked on the bed, and Yaz in the corner on the recliner.