The Beginning

"I want a little brother! Aniki protects me, so I want someone to protect too!" 4 year old Sasuke told his parents. He nagged and begged for the past year.

Mikoto and Fugaku had talked for a long time, and they decided they were going to adopt. Sasuke's wishes being the majority of the reason. They would adopt a child in one year.

"Are you sure you want to do this Mikoto? You do know how much the villagers hate him." Uchiha Fugaku asked his wife.

Uchiha Fugaku was from the prestigious Uchiha clan, the strongest clan in Konoha. Fugaku and Mikoto had 2 children. Uchiha Itachi, age 11, and Uchiha Sasuke, age 5. Fugaku and Mikoto wanted another child (and Sasuke wanted a little brother), but sadly, Mikoto couldn't sire any more children. So, Mikoto had decided to adopt. And the child they were adopting was...

Uzumaki Naruto.

Uzumaki Naruto was currently 3 years old, and hated by a majority of Konoha. The reason was because 3 years ago a demon known as the Kyuubi no Kitsune attacked Konoha. It had 9 long tails, and when one was swung, it was capable of creating an earthquake or tsunami. The fourth Hokage (Yondaime) gave up his life to seal Kyuubi inside of a newborn baby. That baby was Naruto.

Many people hated Naruto because of the fact that Kyuubi was sealed inside of him. But that wasn't what Yondaime wanted. Yondaime wanted everyone to respect Naruto...they wanted him to be seen as a hero.

"I know how much they hate him. That's why I want to do this. He's such a sweet little child. And he needs love. We can provide it for him." Mikoto said as she spotted Naruto sitting alone outside the Academy. He was sitting on a swing, starring sadly at the group of children who were playing together. Uchiha Sasuke was among them.

"Naruto?" A voice broke Naruto from his glaring game to look up at the two Uchiha who approached him.

"Hello." Naruto said quietly as he got up off the swing.

"Hello Naruto. I'm Uchiha Fugaku, and this is my wife Mikoto. We'll be your new parents."

Naruto blinked in surprise. Being only 3, he wasn't exactly sure what was going on.

"Parents?" Naruto asked slowly. He didn't have parents. All the other kids had parents. He saw them leave with them everyday, while Naruto was left alone.

"Yes, you're going to come home with us now. You'll meet your aunts and uncles and cousins, and most importantly, you'll meet your older brothers! Naruto, you'll have a family now." Mikoto said as she picked up Naruto and held him against her chest as she walked over to pick Sasuke up.

"Family..." Naruto said happily as he nuzzled into Mikoto's shoulder.

"Sasuke-chan!" Mikoto called out to her son, who immediately ran up to her. Mikoto put Naruto down gently, and hugged Sasuke.

"Okasan, who's he?" Sasuke asked, pointing to Naruto, who looked away in response.

"He's your new little brother. So you have to be nice to him. You're a big brother now Sasuke. You'll love him right Sasuke? He's your younger brother, so you have to protect him no matter what." Fugaku said.

'I'm going to be a big brother now? And I have to protect him no matter what? I have someone to protect now!'

"Okay chichiue!" Sasuke said as he took Naruto's hand within his own. Naruto looked up at Sasuke with his innocent blue eyes, and Sasuke smiled.

'He's so cute...'

Sasuke held out his hand and motioned for Naruto to take it. Naruto did, and the two walked beside their parents.