Protect

Warning: forced oral in this chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Wow! Who would have thought it would be that simple, ne Sasuke-kun, Naruto-chan?" Sakura asked her teammates as everyone was escorted out from the exam room. She was able to answer a majority of the questions on the exam, but in the end, all she had to do, all anyone had to do, was wait it out. If they were brave enough to stay put, they'd pass, without even having to worry about answering any questions.

That was the first test.

"Yatta! I'm so glad! This is going to be great. I can't wait to get started, I wonder what the next part of the exam is going to be?" Naruto asked excitedly. Sakura giggled at his enthusiasm. Sasuke seemed indifferent about it, but both Sakura and Naruto knew that he was just as anxious as they were to see what was going to happen next. Sasuke, being Sasuke, would never show it.

Gaara watched from afar, happy that his friend from Konoha had passed the first part. He could only hope that the hyperactive blond would make it to the end of everything. He hoped that Naruto would be promoted to the Chuunin rank. The blond had the strength for it, and Gaara didn't want anything to happen to Naruto if he didn't make it. Gaara knew Sasuke well enough (even though he never really met him) to know that he'd hurt the blond if he didn't pass.

"Gaara," Baki called out. He had been noticing a sudden change in the red-head's attitude and personality lately. No doubt the little blond boy from Konoha was behind it. He'd have to find a way to deal with him sometime soon.

"What is it?" Gaara snapped, angry that his sensei was taking his attention away from watching Naruto.

"You mustn't stray too far from the plan. It is still going to take place, one month from now, at the final part of the Chuunin exams. You haven't forgotten your place, have you Gaara?" Baki asked. It wouldn't be good if Gaara grew soft due to Naruto, and abandoned the plan. Could one young boy change another person that much? It couldn't be possible. It just couldn't be.

"The plan? Do not tell me what to do Baki." Gaara stated, he wasn't the type to take orders from another, not even his sensei.

The tone in Gaara's voice sent shivers down Baki's spine, but he stayed brave. He had to stay brave in order to stick with the plan.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I wonder, how my darling little brother's are right now. It's been almost five years since I've seen them. Maybe it's time to make myself known. I'm sure Naruto will be quite happy to see me." A young man wondered out loud. He wore a black robe with red clouds on it. He had black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail, and piercing black eyes. He wore a strange necklace that wrapped almost tightly around his neck.

"Itachi, the vision you showed Sasuke that day, what was it?" Another man asked. He too, was wearing the same robe, except this man was much taller. He held a large sword and his skin had a tint of blue to it. He had sharp teeth and his appearance made him resemble a shark.

"The vision? When I trapped him with mangekyou sharingan?" Itachi asked, and the shark-man nod his head. It was something Itachi hadn't thought about since it had happened.

Flashback

"I will show him what he fears the most. I'll show him Naruto's death." Itachi said to himself as he waited for his younger brothers to return home. He was going to trap Sasuke in Tsukiyomi, and show him Naruto dying, slowly. It would crush the little boy, and make him even more protective than he was now. It was all a part of the plan that Itachi had laid out the moment he found out that his parents were adopting Uzumaki Naruto, the container of the Kyuubi. It was almost perfect.