Garra

"Kakashi-sensei, do you have any students that you believe will be ready to enter the Chuunin exams?" The Hokage asked. All the current Jounin sensei's were standing together. The Chuunin exams were starting in one week and the Hokage was asking them all if any of their students qualified.

"Under the name of Hatake Kakashi, I nominate my students; Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke, and Uzumaki Naruto to take the Chuunin selection exam." Kakashi stated. Kurenai, Team 8's sensei, and Asuma, Team 10's sensei, did the same. All of the students were rookies.

"Kakashi-sensei, please reconsider! Hokage, please! They were my students at the Academy, all nine of them. They can't let them enter so soon!" Iruka pleaded, interrupting the Hokage before he was even able to begin to speak.

"Reconsider? They're always talking about how easy their missions are, so why not allow them to enter the Chuunin exams?" Kakashi asked.

"Is this some sort of game to you? Do you want them to be crushed?" Iruka questioned.

"They are my students now, Iruka-sensei. Stay out of it," Kakashi stated crudely.

"Hokage, please!" Iruka begged, worrying on the behalf of his ex-students.

"I'm sorry Iruka, but it's up to Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma to decide who enters the Chuunin exams. There have been plenty of Genins who have become Chuunin well before the age of the children you are speaking of."

"Yes, Iruka-sensei, let the games begin." Kakashi grinned.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was around six o'clock when Naruto had finished his training and he was starving. He decided to go eat ramen. What else would he eat? On his way there, however, he ran into an interesting person that he had never seen before.

Naruto blinked as he laid his eyes on the certain individual. The boy was sitting against a tree, looking forward. He had crimson red hair and piercing green eyes. He also had a tattoo on the left side of his forehead that was the kanji for "love." He wore a huge gourd on his back that looked to be made out of sand. But, the strangest thing was that he wore a different forehead protector, which was attached to the strap of his gourd. The forehead protector was from Sunagakure. The hidden Sand village.

"Umm, hello." Naruto greeted , approaching the boy who was sitting against the tree. The boy turned his attention to Naruto.

"What do you want?" The boy asked. Naruto would have cringed at the coldness in his voice, but he was used to Sasuke talking like that, so it didn't affect him at all.

"Well, I just wanted to know what you were doing here. This is Konoha, and you're from Suna. Are you on some sort of mission?" Naruto asked, his voice laced with utter curiosity.

'What's wrong with this kid? Why doesn't he fear me? Or act strange at my tone? ...He's...not normal.' The boy thought.

"You don't know why I'm here? And you're village is hosting it too." He said.

"Huh? Hosting what?" Naruto asked, confused.

"Never mind, I'm sure it doesn't matter, since you're too weak to be entered anyway."

"WEAK! I'm not weak! OI! Don't leave! I'm talking to you! What are you talking about?" Naruto asked as the boy stood up, as if to make his leave.

"Hmm, you're an interesting individual, and there's something about you that reminds me of myself. I'd like to know your name." The red-haired boy stated.

"Uzumaki Naruto, don't forget it!" Naruto replied.

"I am Gaara of the Sand. I shall see you soon, Uzumaki," Gaara said as sand covered his body and he suddenly disappeared.