12

Third-person's POV

She waited for me.. Taeyong thought and smiled to himself.

"Hyung, what are you smiling at? It's kinda creepy." Kun asked.

"You rarely smile this wide. Are you sick?!" Win Win exaggerated, touching Taeyong's forehead for confirmation.

"Guys, I'm fine." Taeyong smiled but this time he smiled at his dongsaeng's silliness.

"Then what are you smiling at?" Renjun asked the same question.

"Something. It's personal okay."

"If you say so." Doyoung said. After a while, Taeyong was released out from the infirmary and the nurse reminded him to take regular meals and drink more water everyday. With that, Taeyong and his friends left the infirmary.

Why am I feeling like this.. Taeyong thought to himself, feeling a little weirded out.

Meanwhile...

Seulgi walks home slowly, enjoying the cool breeze. She kept staring down on the ground while walking and that's when she bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry!" She immediately apologize and when she looked up, it was him. Her first ex-boyfriend, Park Jimin.

"Seulgi..?" Jimin examined her face, not believing his eyes. Seulgi went speechless and bad memories starts to flood her mind. Her eyes speedily teared up as he was the one who made her feel miserable.

"W-why...why are you here?" Her voice was croaky, her vision started to go blurry and she wanted to move but her feet glued still on the ground.

"I just moved here." Jimin's voice was gentle but he was weary with his words.

"O-oh.." She was stammering profusely. "I-I gotta go." And she ran back home and tears fall from her cheeks. Without even greeting her brother, she just ran up to her room and locked the door, crying out. Her brother, Seojun became worried and curious at the same time.

"Seulgi? Why are you crying? Please open the door." Seojun pleaded but there wasn't any response from Seulgi which made him more worried.

"Seulgi? Please answer me."

"Leave me alone..for awhile." Her voice was soft but loud for him to hear and Seojun just sighed.

About an hour passed and Seulgi finally stopped crying. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. She unlocked her room door and exited from there. She walked down the stairs and she looked as if her soul is leaving from her body.

"Seulgi!" Seojun frantically called out her name and rushed towards her. "Are you okay? Why did you cry just now?" Seulgi was already in her brother arms and buried her face.

"He came back.." Seulgi's soft and breaking voice could be heard, making Seojun feel gloomy.

"Who?"

"Park Jimin." The name escaped from her lips and Seojun's eyes immediately widened.

"What?! That jerk came back after all these years?"

"He just moved in around our neighborhood."

"Last time I didn't get the chance to told him off, now I'm going to find this asshole and-"

"Seojun, it's okay.. I cried because I just remembered all the bad memories that happened. I shouldn't let him get to me. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes and I don't want to stir up troubles."

"If you say so." He cooled down, sitting on the white couch and drinking his water. "But if he does anything to hurt you, you must tell me right away."

"Will do." Seulgi promised.

...

The next day arrived and it was Saturday. Seulgi had already woken up about an hour ago but she stayed in bed, looking and scrolling her social medias. About a few minutes later, she sat up, wondering if she should take a walk. Decidedly, she changed into a sportswear and informed his brother. It wasn't too sunny or too windy. A perfect weather for a walk. Coincidentally, Jimin was taking a walk just like Seulgi, judging by his outfit. As Seulgi was about to turn away and walk in another direction, Jimin already saw her.

"Hey, Seulgi." Jimin called out to her, giving her his signature smile that he always gives.

"Oh..hey." Her voice sound awkward and she smiles a little, trying to ignore her bad memories.

"You're walking too?"
"Yeah."
"It's been long since we ever talk."
"Uh, yeah."

Unexpectedly, they both walked to a park together while having an awkward conversation.

"So, how's your life?" Jimin asked.
"It's good, I guess." Seulgi replied.
"Look, ever since you leave, I've been wanting to apologise to you. I know you won't want to get back together but can we still be friends?"
"Well, I don't know. You hurt me."
"I know and I regretted it. A lot."
"You..cheated on me."
"I know, I know. I'm really sorry."

There were a moment of silence and none of them speak. Seulgi could tell he was really sorry but a simple 'sorry' couldn't fix anything.

"Jimin?"
"Yeah?"
"W-we can still be friends." When Jimin heard that, his eyes lit up and his lips curved into a smile.

"Really?!"
"Of course." Seulgi smiled a little, looking at Jimin as if he was a 5 year old boy getting his birthday present or something. They chatted till afternoon and caught up with each other's lives.

"Well, I gotta go soon." Seulgi said.

"Okay, can I walk you home?" He asked politely like a gentlemen.

"It's alright. I'll be fine on my own. Besides, my brother would kill you if he sees you."

"Mmm, I'll see you in school?"

"Sure, bye."

"Bye."

...

"Hey, sis. How's your walk?" Seojun asked once she entered the house.

"Not that bad. In fact, Jimin and I had a talk."
"What did he say?"
"He apologized, asking if we could be friends and then we started to talk about our lives." She summed up everything.
"Oh. You're not sad or angry?"
"I guess not. He was sincere with his apologies but we're just friends." She emphasised the last word loud and clear.
"Whatever decisions you make, I'll respect it."
"And that is why I love my brother." Seulgi smiled and hugged his brother.

She went up to her room and right on time, Jimin texted her. Although she holds a small grudge against him but she still gave him a second chance. Jimin also transferred to her school and she can't possibly avoid him for the rest of her life. With that, her head was thinking about Jimin but Taeyong would sometimes popped up in her mind until she fell asleep.

...

i should really start doing my homework because june hols are ending soon, rip

managed to at least publish another chapter :D

comments and votes are highly appreciated

thanks for reading <3