24

I wanted to tell Taeyong about the news but I didn't want him to get affected. At least I kept the police away from him but it won't last long. He'll still be arrested anyways, there is no exit to it.

"Seulgi, who called?" Irene came to me and I just smiled at her.

"It's nothing. Let's go now." I said, and Irene just followed without prying further.

More days passed by within a blink of an eye and it's nearing more to the day when we get our results. Everything is still the same, nothing happened. It was like those regular examination days but my heart felt so uneasy.

"Seulgi, are you okay?" I jumped on my spot, getting startled by Taeyong for God who knows where he came from.

"Do you not make a sound when you approach?" I said, tapping on my chest lightly.

"Or maybe you're drown in your thoughts to even notice me," He said and made a very good point. "So what's on your mind?" He asked a question again.

I didn't know how to phrase it for him but I decided to just say it out. "They know who you are now. Your name, your age and the school that you study at."

He stared at me with a pokerface, not even uttering a single word so I continued my sentence. "But I told Mr Jung, the guy in charge of all of this that I'll handle it. So for now, you're still sort of safe."

Taeyong still kept his mouth shut but suddenly broke in a smile. "That's okay."

I got shocked by his reply. Wasn't the answer I was expecting to hear. "What do you mean by that?" My eyes not leaving his.

"I literally mean that that's okay," His smile still not wearing off. "I know what I'm doing." He suddenly hugged me. I was confused by his sudden words and actions that I don't even know how to react. "What matters now is that you will just have to focus on your last exam and get good grades." He continued on.

"That's so not you," I said as I pulled away the hug. "Are you alright?" I asked and he just nod his head.

The school bell started to ring and our last exam is starting in 10 minutes. Taeyong hold my hand and we walked to the examination room together. I didn't know what's up with him but I'm getting a really weird vibe from him.

The last paper was Biology and to my surprise, the questions were pretty easy to answer. I secretly glanced at Taeyong. For once, he looked like an angel from the side view. With his glowing clear skin, an innocent look when he smiles and striking red hair makes me think that he isn't a criminal. But it's a pity that he is a criminal instead of an average guy.

I quickly got out of my small little trance and focused on my exams, just like what Taeyong wishes me to do.

I finished my paper with ease and left 30 more minutes on the clock. I laid my head down on the table, my head turning to the right side where Taeyong seat was at. I could see him working on his exams diligently which made me crack a small smile.

Slowly, my eyelids were getting heavier and my line of vision is getting blurry. I closed my eyes for a while but who knew I spend the last 30 minutes sleeping.

...

"Time's up! Stop writing." I immediately woke up from the invigilator's voice and I could see Taeyong laughing softly at his own seat. I covered my face in embarrassment and regained myself.

"How can you be this cute?" Was what Taeyong said after we leave the room and suddenly pinching my cheeks softly and I was slightly taken aback.