23

A few weeks later...

I was getting nervous because my first end-of-year exams are today and I definitely don't want to screw anything up. I just hope that my studying paid off.

"Ugh, I'm so nervous that I could just die right now." I groaned, trying to get rid of my negative thoughts and anxious feeling.

"Calm down, I know you'll do great! Just don't think too much alright?" Irene comforted me and I put on a small smile.

"Do I have to remind you that you have a really smart brain? Because I think you're forgetting about that." Wendy said and I laughed, feeling slightly better.

"Good luck! Don't stress yourself out." Joy encouraged me and I nod my head.

"Seulgi, isn't that Taeyong?" Upon hearing his name, I instantly looked at the direction that Yeri was pointing at. Sure enough, it was Taeyong.

"I'll meet you guys after the exams. I need to talk to him." I said and hurried over to him.

"Lee Taeyong!" I shouted his name and he turned around, our eyes met. He stood there, waiting for me. "I thought you didn't want to come to school anymore?" I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Pabo. I need to take my exams too, don't I?" He answered back and I nod my head.

"Taeyong," I started talking in a serious tone. "When are you going to turn yourself in?"

"Seriously? You're gonna talk about this? It's not the time now." He commented in a hushed voice.

"I could go back to jail because I'm technically helping you. But...I am willing to go back to jail twice just for you." I said, staring at him deeply.

"Wait, what? You're willing to do that?" He grabbed both of my shoulders, trying to look at me properly. I nod my head at him and I could see him smile a little. "Don't be a silly girl. It's great knowing that but I won't let it happen." As he said it, he hugged me tightly.

I was shocked by his actions. His sudden sweetness. A smile crept towards my lips as we hugged. The bell soon rang, indicating that our examinations are starting in five minutes. We quickly pulled away the hug and immediately head to the examination room.

I settled in the examination room, waiting for the teacher to finish handling out the exam papers.

"Alright, you may begin." Finally, I started writing down my name on the exam paper. The moment I flipped to the next page, a lot of the questions were similar from the ones I studied before.

-

"Time's up! Stop writing." The invigilator announced. The invigilator collected our papers and I was actually a little satisfied with myself.

On the other hand, I turned my head sideways where Taeyong was a few tables away from me. I wanted to know how he did, considering the fact that he never went to school for weeks but he only gives a pokerface.

Everyone left the examination room and I could see all kinds expressions on the other student's faces; happy, worried, anxious and etc.

First thing was on my mind is Taeyong. I instantly went to him. "How did you do?" I asked, walking beside him naturally.

"I guess I did okay." He simply replied.

"You didn't come to school though."

"Pabo-yah, I studied at home with help from my friends. But I'm also generally smart." He bragged and I rolled my eyes.

We chatted for a while until my friends turned up. "Hey, Seulgi! How's your exams?" Irene piped into our conversation.

"I find it okay." I answered.

"You sure? You kept smiling while the teacher was collecting our papers." Taeyong remarked.

"Umm..you were looking at me?" I said and suddenly, I feel really shy.

Irene, Yeri, Wendy and Joy started giggling and teasing the both of us, causing me to blush a little harder.

"Okay, okay. I was a little satisfied but I'm not getting my hopes high." I replied.

"I'll go first. I need to find my friends." Taeyong said and I nod my head before he hurried off.

My phone started to ring after Taeyong left and I checked the caller ID, it was Mr Jung. I left to somewhere more private, to a place where there isn't anyone.

"Hi, Mr Jung. Anything happening?" I answered.

"We've discovered him. He studies in your school." My heart immediately dropped. I started getting nervous when they knew who he was.

"O-oh, really?" I stuttered a little.

"Yes, his name is Lee Taeyong, age 21. Do you know him by any chance?"

I gulped, contemplating if I should tell the truth or make up a white lie. "I-I don't really know him quite well." I can't believe I'm lying to a police officer.

"That's okay, I'll bring some guys along with me to the school."

"NO," I shouted through the line, feeling the sweat in my palms from all the nervousness. "I mean, it's the exam period now and there's a lot of students taking their exams this week and next week. So it's best if we don't arouse suspicion in the school and disrupt them." I quickly explained.

"I suppose you're right but-"

"Don't worry, I will handle it discreetly." I assured him, hoping for him to believe me and change his mind.

"Alright, okay."

"It's best if we do everything after the exam period."

"Okay then but make sure you keep an eye on him."

"Of course."

...

i promised myself that i'll update today but it's not a long chapter

sorry for the long wait!